We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineering Manager to join our team.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? The ideal candidate is interested in building scalable infrastructure, adding system resiliency, improving developer productivity, automating everything that can (and should) be automated, as well as being a thoughtful people manager. They will oversee a small team of SRE engineers responsible for overall site health & reducing operational issues. You will report to the Director, Application Engineering & be based in our Soho office.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position.
What youll do:
- Lead a new SRE function were building at Away
- Manage a team of SRE engineers
- Strategy & execution of projects improving scalability & resiliency of our infrastructure & applications as we support growth of the company
- Work on site uptime, monitoring/alerting, development tools, & overall performance
- Own the management of cloud infrastructure (Azure, AWS, Heroku)
- Create strategies & implementation of preventative security measures, patching vulnerabilities, & oversee incident response
- Recruiting & career development of SRE engineers
- Being a technical leader & contributor to projects, including some coding, code reviews, & architectural discussions
- Help create & iterate on the SRE responsibilities & processes at Away
Who you are:
- 5+ years of systems or backend software experience
- 3+ years of technical leadership & people management experience
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages
- Experience with Azure, AWS, Heroku, or similar IaaS or PaaS providers
- Experience with data streaming platforms like Apache Kafka
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have four weeks of PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer 401(k) match, insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, generous & inclusive parental leave, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, & a kitchen stocked with snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups & inclusion training, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with your new coworkers. We have weekly team lunches & regular happy hours. We also organize monthly opportunities to give back to our local communities.
We are on-boarding & working remotely until it is safe to return to office in 2021. Our office is currently open three days a week, Tuesday-Friday, for those who prefer an office space or for roles that require time physically onsite.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture & a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.