Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building features that you & your peers will love.
We are looking for an engineer to help teams dive into how our sea of services operates in production. Reporting to the Engineering Manager of Observability Platforms, the Observability Engineers -- a small, cohesive team focused on creating visibility into our infrastructure -- provide actionable intelligence about the operating conditions & use of our cloud to the rest of the organization. They exist to build a feedback loop in order to empirically measure the results of our actions, & then lower the latency of that feedback loop while extending the time horizon we can reason about further into the future.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Designing, writing & running the systems that provide visibility into how our cloud is operating & performing to teams throughout the company
- Providing guidance to other engineers on how they can best utilize our systems to gain confidence that their services are performing as expected
- Collaborating with other teams on how we can improve our systems to provide the visibility they need into theirs
- Working with interesting technologies such as Prometheus, Grafana, Go, Docker, Kafka & more
- Have opportunities to contribute back to the open source software that we rely on
What We'll Expect From You:
- A desire to learn about & participate in building high scale observability systems.
- A desire to learn & become an expert with Observability & Monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Alertmanager, Grafana, & more, while writing custom tooling & integrations between these systems & the rest of DigitalOcean.
- Comfortableness in at least one of the following languages: Go, C/C++, Java, Python, Ruby, and/or Perl
- An ability to work well as part of a distributed team.
- A customer focused mindset.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Infrastructure team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!