Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, & team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, & New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, & it starts right here at Gusto. Thats why were committed to building a collaborative & inclusive workplace, both physically & virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Heres what youll do day-to-day:
- Compile account information & prepare monthly journal entries, relating to payroll & other operating expenses
- Analyze & explain monthly operating expense fluctuations & variances
- Prepare & maintain monthly account reconciliations
- Work very closely with the Payroll team to record payroll expense to the general ledger, & revamp this process for a growing business
- Assist with compiling year-end external audit requests
- Assist with ad hoc projects to gain efficiencies & enable a faster month-end close
Heres what we're looking for:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- Two plus years experience on an Accounting team
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills
- A capacity to work both independently & collaboratively with the team & across functions in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience with recording journal entries during month-end close, preparing balance sheet reconciliations, & analyzing account fluctuations.
- Prior experience with Netsuite preferred.
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $75,000 to $92,000 per year for San Francisco & New York & $60,000 to $74,000 per year in Denver & most remote locations. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience & expertise & may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life & so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values & our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.