Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, & is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, & its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, & a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
The Casper Retail team is looking for a New Store Opening coach to join our growing team!
In this is a highly multifaceted leadership role, you will coach & mentor our new stores to success, serving as their key point of contact from initial onboarding through 90D New Store Opening Graduation.
As we quickly grow our retail fleet, the NSO Coach role is instrumental in creating & nurturing a strong sense of community & culture throughout our fleet, ensuring that our values & mission as a brand are felt at all levels of the organization.
This role will be based out of our New York City headquarters; expected to travel 75% - 80% of the time.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Proven ability to lead both store teams & individuals, from store management to sales associates
- Experience with all components & levels of retail, from store operations to people development to business leadership
- Responsible for executing & delivering onboarding training, per the outlined NSO curriculum (Brand, Product, Clienteling, Processes + Systems)
- Responsible for ensuring success of the new store. Accountable for executing ongoing coaching & mentorship, diagnosing needs & providing solutions
- Adjust coaching & training based on the individual needs of the store & the needs of each individual team member
- Maintain regular communication with each new store for 90 days after opening & monitor performance; lead milestone check-ins at key post-open intervals
- Report on new store opening performance & insights to broader Retail organization
- Inform & suggest iterations to new store training curriculum & ongoing training program, working cross-functionally with New Store Opening team, Learning & Development & Retail Experience
- Act with great agility & adaptability in a fast-paced & sometimes hectic environment. Possess mental agility, comfort with ambiguity & the capacity to change old behaviors in light of new information & needs
- Will report to the Retail Experience Manager
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelors degree required
- Must have strong communication skills & have experience training small & large groups of people with different facilitation methods & techniques
- Must be an excellent coach & possess the ability to mentor both Sleep Specialists & store managers throughout the New Store Opening process
- Capable of seeing the larger picture & understanding how your role impacts & influences the larger business
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial mindset, outstanding communication, strong capability to identify & solve problems independently
- Attention to detail, well-organized & reliable
- Fun & positive personality while being professional & eager to succeed
- Willingness to travel 60-80%, & work flexible days - including evenings, weekends, & some holidays
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience with increasing responsibilities & experience
- Knowledge of retail required
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, & equity so that youre part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy & fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks & coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if youre feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!