Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. Weve taken something complicated & made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website & your international transfer is made to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries & we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators & payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year & is now processing over 3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$370 million in funding, currently employ over 800 employees & have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong & other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products & services for our customers.
Changing the world isnt easy so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, & have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain & develop people that can bring to life our values
You can learn more about our culture & how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
Who are we looking for?
Someone to come & join our diverse WorldRemit team & play a leadership role, bringing the best out of our people.
You have a can do attitude & positive approach to support people & develop a high performing, energetic & engaged Team.
You are hands on & take ownership to solve problems & are constantly looking for ways to make our service & processes more efficient & successful.
You have proven ability to close performance gaps, provide relevant & immediate feedback in a fast paced & complex environment.
You are passionate about customer service & want to ensure that we provide a uniquely positive experience & show our customers that we care about them.
Role & Responsibilities
Your role & responsibilities will include but not be limited to ensuring that your team is run effectively, delivering results that support the Company goals.
- Monitor, report, & manage team performance
- Understand key performance metrics, & how to influence them
- Take part in the recruitment, induction, & training of team members
- Frequently coach & train & give feedback to the agents in your team & others in the centre to effectively raise engagement, support development, & get the best out of your people
- Manage performance issues as necessary
- Understand Company systems & processes
- Provide guidance & where necessary decide whether to release or hold transactions, accept IDs, or mark transactions as fraud, or refer to Compliance Team
- Handle escalated customers complaints either by phone or email to ensure customers trust is recovered & the right experience delivered
- Work with Workforce Manager to agree leave, shift swaps or other scheduling changes, & manage agent availability
- Ensure staff are always up-to-date with updates/alerts/notifications from management
- Provide day-to-day supervision of the staff including supervising break times to ensure sufficient cover at all times, reporting absences & monitoring lateness
- Support other teams by floor-walking & frequent personal engagement with all agents.
- Ensure staff understand the teams daily objectives in terms of case, as well as the Company goals & the CS role in achieving them
- Ensure team adherence to company policies & standards
- When working during these times, liaise with Denver team managers to manage overnight & weekend shift priorities for both teams
- Report any systems issues to relevant personnel overnight or at weekends
- Ensure customer queries - via all channels - & transactions are resolved efficiently & within agreed timeframes
- Manage & review absenteeism, & lateness ensuring return to work & exit interviews are completed
- Manage regular performance reviews to ensure individual, team & company targets are achieved. Maintain a positive team spirit which supports teamwork & inspires others
- Continuously act as a role model for your team in living WorldRemits values
- Manage effective on-boarding & knowledge transfer to new members of your team
- Actively suggest opportunities to improve processes to become more efficient & improve customer experience
- Serve as a positive member of the leadership team, identifying issues, contributing ideas/solutions & supporting the team in all actions
Summary of required experience & attributes
- Proven experience of managing a customer service team & driving performance
- Minimum 3-5 years people leadership experience
- Have strong planning, organisational & time management skills & can manage changing priorities
- Can adapt to an evolving business environment
- A passion for delivering exceptional customer service
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical & dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast & fruit every day & Friday 'afternoon tea' drinks & nibbles.
- No formal dress code