--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health & safety of our candidates & our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews & new hire on-boarding.
This is an office-based role, but we will provide all the necessary support to work remotely until our offices reopen.
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established & refined the leading AI platform for real-time event & risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events & emerging risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, & actionable alerts to public & private sector organizations around the world.
Weve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices & raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, & have fun. Join us & help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
You're a senior finance professional with experience leading financial forecasting & planning functions & teams. You're highly proficient in financial analysis methods, tools, & concepts to prepare forecasts, cashflows, & other complex analyses for business performance. Throughout your career, you've made significant contributions to the strategic direction & management of rapidly growing & highly dynamic organizations, & you're excited to bring your expertise to Dataminr.
As our Head of Financial Planning & Analysis, you'll lead our FP&A function & report directly to the CFO. You'll work collaboratively with senior management across the company globally to project, analyze, & report financial results, analyze investment opportunities, & participate in business decisions that will drive the continued success of the company.
- Drive the annual budgeting process
- Report & analyze business metrics & KPIs
- Develop presentations & analytical material to be presented to senior management, the Board of Directors, & investors
- Assess & analyze progress of business initiatives, report results, & recommend course corrections where appropriate
- Develop & maintain projection models
- Analyze sales productivity, revenue growth & retention, unit economics, & margins
- Work with business leadership to analyze business opportunities, investments, partnerships, process improvement programs & research various industry/company trends
- Develop & maintain estimates of total addressable market; track competitors & peers
- Develop methodologies, dashboards & models for budgeting & reporting
- Collaborate with other members of the Finance team on a variety of initiatives, including, but not limited to, the monthly close process, quote to cash process, etc.
- Drive enhancements to the companys planning software implementation
- Manage, develop, & mentor one direct report
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field of study; MBA preferred
- 10+ years experience in FP&A or similar roles, preferably within Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) companies
- Strong statistical, analytical & quantitative skills
- Expert ability with Excel; experience working with Adaptive Insights is a plus
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Demonstrated leadership & partnering skills, including success in influencing outside of direct reporting line
- Versatility & a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm & flexibility
- Sharp attention to detail & ability to manage multiple projects in a timely manner
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks & beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.