At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
The Office Operations Specialist is responsible for providing exceptional operational & facilities support for a 450-person office, ensuring a comfortable, productive working environment & inclusive, delightful experience for all team members.
You possess a strong ability to prioritize & execute tasks in alignment with the overall goals of the team. You feel comfortable making decisions in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. You have a growth mindset & know how to stay self-motivated & demonstrate a positive attitude. You feel empowered to take initiative & lead from your seat. You consistently demonstrate strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Be the face of the Office Operations team, providing first class customer service for Lyft team members based in & visiting the NYC office
- Manage office vendor operations & relationships for services related to day-to-day office maintenance & events (e.g. janitorial, furniture, food/beverage, plants, etc.)
- Act as the primary point of contact for property manager & building security; partner with the Security team to assess, solve for or escalate office-related physical security issues
- Manage inventory of all office supplies & place orders as needed
- Perform regular floor walks daily to ensure all conference rooms & shared spaces are neat, organized & in general working order, escalating issues as applicable
- Manage incoming & outgoing mail/shipment process within the office
- Utilize JIRA ticketing platform to field & resolve inbound office requests & inquiries from team members
- Partner with HR, EBPs, & IT teams to assist with onboarding & offboarding tasks for new & departing team members
- Maintain consistent & clear communication with other Office Team members in regards to any facilities or security related concerns
- Partner with leadership on site to provide facilities support for Lyft events
- Other site specific duties required by the property in question
- Support the Office Operations Lead & Manager in additional duties as necessary
- Be aligned with Lyfts Core values: Make it Happen, Uplift Others & Be Yourself
- A passion for facilitating an overall positive employee experience through ongoing operational support
- 3+ years of customer service experience
- 1+ years of office operations experience
- Possess the ability to remain agile & multi-task effectively in a fast paced environment
- A passion for managing an overall positive employee experience through ongoing operational support
- Strong ability to manage competing priorities & projects
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, with the ability to build relationships across departments, work collaboratively, & manage conflict constructively including but not limited to emergency situations.
- Capable of prioritizing tasks/duties as assigned & delegating tasks as needed
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.