Company Description|Job Description
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce & campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product & marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, & drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely's impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times & many more global enterprises.
Optimizely believes in putting the customer at the center of everything we do. We pride ourselves as offering a best-in-class post-sales experience to our customers. To make our customers successful, we must approach them with empathy, make their journey easy, & provide essential value in the moments that matter throughout their journey. Customer Success is essential to improved revenue & overall company growth. We are seeking a leader who will evolve our North American & Australia/New Zealand customer success organization's vision, strategy, processes, & execution, acting as a catalyst to improve the quality of our services & overall customer experience.
As our Sr. Director of Customer Success NA & ANZ, you will combine strategy, execution, management & leadership to drive growth & adoption of our technology, boost renewals, & glean strategic insights that improve our product value. We seek a passionate, consultative, strategic, high-empathy leader who can vision our organization toward meeting customer expectations as we continue to move up-market.
- The Customer Success Team includes four key pillars: Customer Success Management, Services, Support, & Success Excellence. These four teams work together closely to execute on programs, processes, & playbooks that enable our customers to become successful & grow in maturity.
- You'll be leading the Customer Success Management pillar in NA & ANZ & collaborating closely with the other pillars.
- Drive adoption (80% monthly use), retention (90%+), & advocacy across Major, Digital & Strategic customers
- Directly manage a team of CSM managers, Strategic CSMs & individual contributors of 30+ professionals
- Coach, develop, & drive performance of the team
- Assess, prioritize, & innovate new programs to ensure our customers are adopting Optimizely NOW
- Make timely decisions & implement strategies to drive customer success
- Empowered to take accountability for team & team's results
- Align team processes & procedures, collaborate & build relationships toward global & local consistency
- Set goals, action plans, playbooks, & key metrics for CSM teams in different customer tiers with different levels of customer touch; manage against & create new standardized playbooks & interventions for each point in the customer journey
- Lead strategic, cross-functional initiatives such as customer journeys, maturity models, voice-of-customer, & product feedback
- Build strong relationships & collaborate cross-functionally to drive market readiness, sales handoffs, customer marketing, training actions, services deployment, & effective support to drive a seamless customer experience
- Own accurate forecasting, account assignments & bandwidth management processes
- Regularly engage with customers to build relationships, expand empathy, & resolve issues of escalation
- Build relationships & advocacy with senior roles inside of our customers
- Employ a strong strategic vision to evolve CSM program toward a tailored, best-in-class experience for larger & more strategic customers
- Hire & retain above-the-mean, consultative talent
- 10+ years of customer/account management experience; consulting experience is a big plus
- Proven track record leading a successful CSM team in a growth-oriented environment
- Results-driven leader who is also fearless about execution & not afraid to dig into the details with the front-line team (aka has grit)
- An empathic leader with a desire to build a world-class CSM organization within the constraints of a responsibly managed business; includes attracting, developing & retaining in above-the-mean talent
- Strong process orientation, with a total-system mindset & experience rolling out global processes & programs; Playbook & Gainsight experience is a plus
- Strong perspective rooted in professional experience, paired with willingness to listen carefully, explore new ideas, & coach
- Curiosity & willingness to experiment, fail fast, learn, & adapt; flexibility to learn from what you've done in the past, not adhere rigidly to it
- Commuter & transportation benefits
- Catered in-office lunch on weekdays
- Full medical insurance with very low co-pay & deductible. HMO, PPO, & HSA options available
- Full dental coverage including orthodontics
- Full vision coverage including contacts
- Dependents 100% covered for medical, dental, & vision
- Wellness Grant
- Unlimited vacation policy & seventeen weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Working with a great team & having a huge impact!
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion & embrace diversity. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer & makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.