Staff Software Engineer - Detections Team
100% Remote...office located in Austin, Tx
Who You Are
- 8+ years of experience. Open to Senior or Staff/Lead Level candidates.
- You are a software engineer. (We treat our data systems as software systems, & engineer them accordingly.)
- You love working with data. (Small data. Big data. All the data.)
- You are excited to optimize for events per second (not requests per second).
- You have some experience or interest in working with the technologies we use: Kafka Streaming, RocksDB, ElasticSearch, JanusGraph, Postgres, Spark, HBase.
- You know (or want to write software in) Scala.
- You love collecting data about your software as much as writing software that collects data. We measure everything. We make data-driven decisions.
- You are collaborative. Nothing this hard can be accomplished by working alone. We work as a team.
What You Will be Doing
- Building, improving, maintaining, & scaling stream processing services.
- Writing code. Reviewing code. Revising code.
- Giving feedback on our standards. Holding your teammates to them.
- Mentoring others
- Collaborating with teammates on major feature designs. Sometimes, you will own features, sometimes others will.
- Helping our team grow organically. We value referrals. We value your feedback on candidates.
What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps & ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor & optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
At Sumo Logic, we are building a data platform designed to power the analytics & investigations that are common in the Security Operation Centers of large enterprises. It is designed to accept hundreds of billions of events from security-relevant data sources (detection products, network sensors, log shippers, inventory systems) per day. It is cloud-native, with no plan to support an on-premise deployment. It is multi-tenant, & is designed to simultaneously process events from thousands of our customers. And, it is security-focused it is designed to perform the kinds of stateful analyses that security analysts demand.
We are building this platform the way companies should with ruthless prioritization, & with a live & demanding customer base. By joining as a Senior Software Engineer, you have the opportunity to make our vision a reality, one feature at a time.
- Competitive compensation + RSU's
- Unlimited PTO
- New MacBook Pro
- 100% remote or in office- your choice
- Employee stock purchase plan- ESPP
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Parental leave