Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Director of STARS to join our Value Capture team.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
You will be responsible for the STARS performance for QRS & Medicare Advantage.
You will report into the VP of Value Capture
- Define vision, strategy & implementation of Health Plan & Provider JOC/committees as the primary party responsible for CMS STARs & QRS STARS & representing efforts related to performance improvement.
- Develop, implement & maintain a protocol by which Stars activities, customer communications, & outbound campaigns are evaluated, refined, approved, recorded & implemented to meet the standards of the Oscar brand
- Lead the development & accomplishment of strategic plans that achieve high impact organizational performance
- Monitor & influence strategy based on healthcare & insurance industry news & trends, & the impact these trends may have on Oscar related to all health plan products.
- Facilitate intra-departmental workgroups to establish & monitor corrective action plans, interventions, process changes around QI annual reports, e.g., CAHPS analysis, Access & Availability, quality improvement team actions & outcomes.
- Provide education on & prepare methods for complying with changes to accreditation standards & improving quality measures.
- Involvement in community activities supported by Oscar.
- Review,approve or deny & coach to communications to improve overall efficiency & cost effectiveness through elimination of redundant & ineffective communications
- Lead team in developing strategies, key messages, & vehicles for communication to support member wellness & experience initiatives
- Foster a consultative environment across Oscar for the Starsteam to facilitate & drive quality improvement throughout the organization.
- Coach & develop team & overall departmental culture
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, Healthcare or a related discipline; or 8+ years of professional experience
- 5+ years of experience in insurance, technical writing, communications, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in progressive leadership
- 3+ years accreditation and/or regulatory experience
- 5+ years of experience in the Healthcare industry
- 5+ years accreditation & or regulatory experience
- Master Degree in Business or Healthcare related discipline
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.