With thousands of beautiful spaces built for travel & life, Sonder is transforming the future of hospitality. Each Sonder is purposefully selected, designed & maintained - customized to reflect the vibe of its neighborhood. Whether your stay is two days, two months or two years, in a studio or a six-bedroom, Sonder ensures a unique, yet consistent, experience. And with 24/7 on-demand service, crisp linens, & over 200 other quality standards, were taking stay further for guests all around the world.
Sonder started a little over five years ago, & now has thousands of spaces in major cities across the globe.
What's a Deconstructed Hotel?
Its an answer to a lot of questions weve been asking. Like what would happen if we took the hotel on a little field trip? What if we unbundled it & brought its rooms to the kinds of neighborhoods we ourselves would want to live in? What if we stretched & reconfigured those rooms to include a dining area & a living space, & perhaps an extra bedroom or two for the kids? What if the design was modern & exciting, & the only thing cookie-cutter wasnothing. A place like that would help create a travel experience built to take guests further. To bring them home better. And thats a place wed like to stay. And a philosophy weve built our company around.
The Head of Long Term Housing is a challenging & unique role at Sonder. As the leader of this business in the New York, the Head of Housing is responsible for the performance of our extended stay business in one of the worlds fastest growing regions. The Head of Long Term Housing will be responsible for growing our supply of Sonder units, driving demand, & delivering high quality service to our valued guests. You will be ultimately responsible for profitably scaling the business & consistently delivering on our brand promise across operations, sales, & hospitality.
If you have an entrepreneurial mindset & natural desire to get stuff done, we definitely want to hear from you.
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
- Build a world-class team with individuals focused on operations, sales, & hospitality
- Own & manage the P&L for extended stays (certain resources are shared across business lines)
- Collaborate with the city General Manager in setting strategies & OKRs for you & your team
- Deliver a world-class hospitality experience in the city, making our guests come back time after time
- Own sales strategy development & execution, keeping our units full throughout the year
- Work with Real Estate team to profitably scale the business throughout NYC
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- 6-8 years of professional services (i.e., consulting, investment banking) and/or operations management experience
- Analytical & data driven decision making mentality
- Experience with or strong excitement for building a startup from the ground up
- Proven track record of managing high performance teams
- Excellent team player with strong written & verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working cross-functionally to make your city successful
- Out-of-the-box thinker who will find creative ways to hit growth targets
- Ability to thrive in a remote market, leading a small local team, in an autonomous way
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you're best at:
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, & a team of smart, ambitious & fun to work-with colleagues!
- Discounts on Travel & Stay - That's what we do!
Depending on your location:
- Daily catered lunches
- All the coffee you can imagine
- Snack-filled kitchen
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.