BuzzFeed News is seeking an ambitious, data-obsessed news junkie to be a part of our audience team in New York. This is an exciting opportunity to expand the reach of BuzzFeed News.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Audience Development Analyst role will also see beyond the numbers: They should be comfortable with digging through data & balancing that with an understanding of the newsrooms journalistic goals & measures for real-world impact. They will also be responsible for working with the News Curation team to optimize BuzzFeed News distribution strategy on O&O, newsletters, social media platforms, & Apple News.
This person will also need to be a team player comfortable with giving feedback & collaborating with editors, reporters, & other stakeholders across the newsroom. They should be a clear communicator excited by finding creative solutions to problems around traffic, platform success, & building an even wider audience for BuzzFeed News award-winning journalism.
What Youll Do:
- Crunch & analyze data around BuzzFeed News traffic
- Work with the newsroom to fine-tune editorial & platform strategy & answer questions around performance
- Send regular reports about traffic & performance to the news team
- Work with the News Curation team to fine-tune social strategy & offer feedback to desks
- Have comfort with running A/B tests, synthesizing data, & making data-driven suggestions based on data
- Have a good eye for optimizing stories thinking hard about thumbs, headlines, & platform-specific packaging
- Be an effective communicator who can tailor your approach to different newsroom stakeholders
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment & celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth & development via work experience & offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, & more
An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world & more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, & more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, & hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, youll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools & create content that helps connect people all over the world.