"The front page of the internet", Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, & create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Advertising is often the most data-heavy, latency sensitive & technically demanding part of any online business. Our Revenue & Traffic team is part of the Ads Engineering org & is responsible for ensuring Reddit gets paid. Revenue & Traffic engineers will work on a wide breadth of projects, from front-end tools for managing advertiser accounts to back-end platforms for payment processing & invoice generation.
If you appreciate real technical challenges & you'd like to be part of the team that turns Reddit into a sustainable, long-term business, come join us!
We are looking for someone who:
- Is an experienced engineer that is excited to gain exposure to a variety of systems & projects to support our advertising business.
- Is skilled at dissecting business requirements & translating them into sturdy programmatic solutions.
- Wants to develop sophisticated systems which mitigate fraud & validate traffic quality.
- Cares about the customer - whether the customer is an internal team or an advertiser.
- Is comfortable owning cross-functional communications & representing the Ads Engineering org to other departments.
- Create tools for our sales & ad ops teams to manage high-quality advertisers.
- Define, architect, & implement the critical financial infrastructure that powers revenue at Reddit.
- Build billing pipelines for calculating, collecting & reporting on revenue.
- Develop anti-fraud tools to support Reddits financial health.
- Interface with sales & finance to develop engineering solutions for business requirements.
- Work on multiple levels of the stack to build out new features - lots of greenfield work
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, Go).
- Experience with cluster management (e.g. Aurora, Kubernetes etc)
- Experience having complete ownership of a feature or project, from inception to implementation.
- An interest in the advertising business & understanding customer needs.
- Experience working with billing/payments a plus!