WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organisations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration & workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, & we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market & define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 98,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU?
We are looking for a Junior Payroll Accountant to join the market leader for Cloud Content Management. This role will be based in London, & you will work closely together with the International Payroll Team on all aspects of payroll processing, equity, & commissions for our global employees. The primary function of this position is to ensure accurate & timely reporting of monthly payroll results with US GAAP. The successful candidate for this role would ideally have previous experience in an office environment & be proficient in Excel. If you would like to learn about international payroll, accounting, this is an opportunity to join a rapidly scaling company in the tech industry & be part of its wacky, fun culture!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Month end close responsibilities including journal entries, mapping, & reconciling all payroll costs.
- Preparation & reconciliation of Payroll Taxes.
- Responsible for the collection, preparation, & administration of monthly payroll input when required.
- Manage relationship with our global payroll providers & external accountants regarding payroll general ledger accounts.
- Manage employee payroll related queries.
- Coordinate payroll approvals & funding instructions with management.
- Ensure compliance with statutory regulations & company policies.
- Providing administrative support to the Finance functions.
- Support the International Payroll team with various ad-hoc, year-end activities.
- Perform at a Meets or Exceeds expectations level for all specific duties outlined above.
- Have the technical knowledge & experience to be able to satisfactorily achieve the specific duties outlined above.
- Prompt & courteous customer service to all employee levels.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A High School diploma or GED certificate.
- Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or in accounting preferred.
- CIPP/ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualification is preferred.
- Experience in an administrative finance role(preferable).
- Experience using the following systems is desirable: Workday, NetSuite, CloudPay.
- Proficiency in Excel (VLOOKUPs, Pivots) .
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent organization & time-management skills.
- Being attentive to details & respect confidential information.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a deadline-driven environment.
- Being proactive & having good communication skills.
- Team-player who can also work independently.
- Have strong customer service skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by the employees assigned to this classification. They are not an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties, & skills required of employees so classified.
Box Benefits package in the UK includes pension, life insurance, medical & dental coverage. We have a robust wellness program including 25 days of vacation (plus your birthday off!), reimbursements for phone & gym memberships, & access to wellbeing benefits [with Modern Health, Virgin Pulse & HeadSpace], & Family Friendly support (from Cleo & Carrot). We also offer 3 days of paid volunteer days off for you to help your community. Our office is located in the impressive White Collar Factory on Old Street; www.whitecollarfactor.com, where we provide catered lunches & drinks & snacks throughout the day.
All benefits are subject to change.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.