Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is looking for a talented & experienced senior product leader. You would manage & grow a product organization at the heart of Twilios Billing & Pricing Platform. As the Product leader, you will own the product strategy & roadmap for a micro-transactional billing platform as well as a dynamic pricing platform supporting a rapidly growing $1B+ annualized run rate business. Reporting to the VP, Billing & Data Platform, with regular interactions with the CFO & GTM organizations, this senior leadership role is focused on enhancing product strategy, requirements & roadmap curation as the company continues to rapidly grow.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of leading engineering organizations. You also have/are:
- A track record of leading product organizations in software companies.
- Demonstrated ability to identify jobs to be done by the product for the customer
- Extensive expertise in the Billing, Pricing and/or Payments domain(s).
- experience managing managers & product managers in multiple geos. Strong focus on org structure & shape hygiene.
- Passionate about product management hygiene including the formal ceremonies for product requirements & roadmap curation.
- Expertise with agile methodologies as it relates to scrum including backlog grooming, user story creation & sizing.
- A strategic thinker as it relates to scale & removing humans from the loop.
- An understanding of Accounting policies, Tax, & Invoicing requirements.
- Distill complex & ambiguous situations into aligned priorities with actionable plans for your team. Focus on the customer & business outcomes.
- Experience managing large scale integrations with third party ERPs & CRMs.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent. You are able to articulate the why for a teams priorities & the customer impact.
- Data-driven - all analysis is defined by documented & reference-able data sources.
As the Senior Director of Product for Billing & Pricing Platforms, you will:
- Lead, build & manage a product organization to deliver a highly accurate & flexible micro-transaction Event Processing Engine that supports use cases from subscription & invoiced customers to Pay-as-you-go with fully automated reconciliation at month end, quarter end & year end boundaries.
- Build an organization & teams to deliver a Pricing Platform that enables dynamic pricing & experimentation.
- Help employees grow through career development, coaching, & mentoring while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential. You'll provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans, defining goals, perform evaluations, & collaborate with employees on their objectives. Most of all, ensure employees are having fun with their work.
- Build & communicate the Billing & Pricing Strategy & Roadmap
- Identify the jobs to be done as it relates to building the Product Requirements.
- Be a leader of a critical part of Twilio R&D senior leadership team & contribute to Twilios overall Accounts Platform strategy.
- Coach teams on a daily basis to operate effectively in a multi team environment. Manage through direct reports to drive the teams to set & complete key objectives.
- Guide product managers through strategy decisions & backlog grooming
- Represent product KPIs & roadmap status to Twilios technology executives & product teams across the company.
- Collaborate on roadmaps & requirements with Product Managers, Architects, & Tech Leads to ensure the team has clear direction & priorities.
- Act as an ambassador for Twilio, recruiting & motivating top talent.
Twilios innovative SaaS & Connectivity products are transforming how businesses & customers communicate with each other. With customers in every industry like retail (Nordstrom, Macys), finance (Morgan Stanley, ING), transportation (Uber, Lyft), & hospitality (AirBnB, OpenRent), Twilios products are changing the way B2C & B2B companies interact with & manage customer relationships.
Twilios Billing & Pricing Platforms are central to the success of the company & our customers. Ensuring our customers have a trusted billing experience that is on time & accurate is paramount. In this role, you would be responsible for building & operating the systems that provide the timely & accurate global platform for pricing, invoicing & revenue recognition. The business is empowered to dynamically price, localize products & perform experimentation by leveraging the platform capabilities
You would be a visible leader & would work closely with teams at every layer of the company, including the CFO & GTM leadership. Your success would deliver great customer experiences at major brands around the world (Twilios customers), & you would enable them to deliver better services to their customers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in either in our San Francisco, Mountain View, Denver office or remote West regions. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, bi-weekly All Hands & more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.