FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, & leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, & TV/media, including FanDuel, Betfair US, & TVG. FanDuel Group has a presence across 45 states & 8 million customers. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, & Scotland.
About the role
An exciting opportunity to join FanDuels growing regulatory compliance team as the trusted advisor to the FanDuel Sportsbook Risk & Trading function.
In each state we operate, we must comply with state regulations on which leagues/sports/events we can offer. Company reputation is paramount & at FanDuel we have a seamless partnership between compliance, tech, risk & trading & product management to ensure that everything we do is 100% compliant at all times.
Working closely with the Risk & Trading team, & reporting to the Compliance team, this role will design & execute best in class policies & procedures that will be commercially appropriate as well as give confidence to our stakeholders & our regulators that our Risk & Trading team is operating in a first class manner, offering only those markets where they should be offered & providing a safe, fun & appropriate playing field at all times.
Once polices & procedures are designed & implemented, the Compliance Manager will design & execute a framework to monitor, test & report on the success of these policies & procedures to enable the demonstration of our successes & the transparency necessary to allow us to learn from our errors.
Critical to our success in a growing industry, the Compliance Manager also will partner with our legal lobbying team & new markets/new products compliance team to design best-in-class markets solutions in new jurisdiction & work to implement simple solutions that will enable a risk & trading experience that mitigates risk.
If you have a passion for sports betting, an insatiable appetite to design best in class policies & procedures & would like to play a key part in an emerging US market opportunity, then this could be the role for you.
Integrity, work ethic, low ego, attention to detail & teamwork are key values at FanDuel.
- Partner with the lobbying & new markets/products compliance teams to work with state regulators to design appropriate markets standards for new jurisdictions
- Assess & revise current and/or design, draft & implement enhanced policies & procedures around market offerings with the goal of allowing markets that are permitted & prohibiting markets that are prohibited across all jurisdictions
- Design, draft & implement monitoring & testing environment to test effectiveness of policies & procedures
- Devise effective communication/training plan to enable risk & trading team to understand policies & procedures/permitted markets/prohibited markets & implications of errors.
- Create metrics plan that allows for ease of reportability on regulatory engagement & impact, successes/challenges in market offerings etc.
- Assess & optimize internal processes to ensure prevention of any potential compliance breaches
- Engage with other compliance team members focused on developing policies, procedures, monitoring, testing & training across all products in all markets to enable a first class compliance environment.
- Self-motivated problem solver
- Customer focused
- Team player
- Listens & communicates effectively
- Exceptional attention to detail & great writer
- Enjoys collaborating - to arrive at better decisions together
- Trustworthy, just, low ego
- 3+ years experience in relatable compliance role
- Data, analysis, metrics & reporting experience
- Demonstrable experience in delivering insight with impact & effectively executing change
- Strong communication & influencing skills
- Commercially savvy
- Sports betting product & industry knowledge
- Understanding of bookmaking
- 3+ years relevant experience
What you get in return
Beyond working with such a great team!
- An exciting environment with real growth
- Contribute to exciting products used by a highly passionate user base
- Personal learning & development opportunities
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401K with company contribution match
- Generous healthcare & value creation share plan
There's more, but we don't want to go on & on!
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuelmeansthat we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgment or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.