Facilities Lead Associate
The Lead Production Associate coordinates activities of & provides coaching & guidance to workers on the production line. The Lead Associate works alongside & with the team, stepping in as needed to ensure maximum productivity. The Lead is responsible for following & enforcing all safety, GMP & SQF policies/procedures, as well as adherence to PPE/hygiene policies, in cooperation with the supervisor.
- Respectfully communicate with all co-workers. Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee instructions to provide advice on how to properly perform their task (i.e. how to put kit boxes in the assembly box or to maintain single piece flow on their line).
- Respectfully support & follow direction from all managers & supervisors about line performance.
- Keep track of line count
- Work to continuously improve in all areas. Ensure all actions better the business of HelloFresh & do not break any company policies.
- Coach all employees to follow HelloFresh policies & procedures
- Train new employees on standard operating procedures
- Performs duties of workers supervised, as needed
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the Quality Assurance and/or Supervisor.
- Maintains the work area & equipment in a clean & orderly condition & follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Completes tasks as directed by with minimum supervision.
- Occasionally required to prepare ingredients using tools such as food scales, measuring spoons & cups, etc., as needed
- Update production numbers in the computer system; must be able to use a computer & type/data entry
- Report food safety & quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action
- Leadership & fostering team cooperation for a large group of employees
- Results Driven
- Time Management: maintaining momentum & keeping employees on task to meet goals & deadlines
- Basic mathematics
- Communications: expresses ideas & thoughts clearly & with tact & diplomacy.
This position provides guidance to employees by coordinating work & resolving problems. The production leads performance is evaluated by their leadership of the production employees, productivity of their designated team, quality/quantity of information reported each shift, & ability to control employee performance on the team.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in a manufacturing & assembly environment & is regularly exposed to cool and/or cold temperatures (10 - 40). The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts & vibration. The noise level in the work environment & job sites can be loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, reach & lift for a minimum of 10 to 12 hours with or without reasonable accommodation. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and/or tools. The employee is required talk or hear with or without reasonable accommodation.
The employee must regularly lift & move up to 25 pounds, & occasionally lift & move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision & peripheral vision.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days & hours of work are varied according to shift. There are occasions where overtime is required based upon production needs. The Production Lead is expected to work the hours it takes to finish production each day.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year of related experience preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to read, write & speak English.
- Must be willing & able to work entire schedule as we cannot accommodate partial shifts or early/late arrivals.
- Must be able to count & have basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division & fractions).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities & activities may change or be supplemented at any time with or without notice.