The Business Operations, Strategy, & Intelligence team (BizOps) operates as the AdOrgs internal consulting group. Leveraging analytics, automation, & other data tools, BizOps plays a central role in defining & driving strategic, operational & organizational improvements across the company.
As Manager, Business Operations & Strategy, you own the scoping & implementation of strategic projects to grow revenue for BuzzFeed. You'll work across functional areas like Sales, Operations, Tech, & Editorial Strategy, developing initiatives & processes to optimize the business.
- Strategic Planning. Partner with senior leaders to define their strategic priorities & goals in the context of broader company strategy, & how these translate to their teams focus areas. Leveraging frameworks like OKRs & / or Balanced Scorecards, you will measure & report on progress toward goals, working with leadership to escalate risks & remove roadblocks as needed
- Business Analytics & Reporting. Develop a deep understanding of the key drivers of our advertising organization. Define critical KPIs, dashboards, & analysis to help those teams manage performance & create operational rigor. Provide data-driven insights to inform decision making for the company priorities
- Special Projects. Tackle ambiguous strategic questions facing the business. Partner with leaders throughout BuzzFeed to build business cases for new initiatives. Drive the implementation of those initiatives to ensure smooth execution across a diverse array of cross-functional stakeholders
- Communications. Lead & maintain a structure of cross-functional communications to increase visibility, drive alignment, & manage change such as All Hands, leadership meetings, QBRs, etc.
- Operations & Processes. Identify process gaps & optimization opportunities within the Advertising organization. Work with key leaders across the organization to document & implement process improvements
- Bachelors Degree in leading college or university
- 2+ years experiencing at a top tier Management Consulting or Investment Banking firm or equivalent strategy & program management experience within a Digital Media company or agency
- Experience with Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookup, etc.) modeling & forecasting
- Experience with strategic planning, business & sales analysis
- Experience with G Suite products: Google Sheets, Slides, Documents, etc.
- Familiarity with CRM systems such as Salesforce & Boostr
- Ability to take on complex financial & quantitative analyses & synthesize findings
- Demonstrable leadership skills to align people behind the strategic agenda, co-create plans, & influence a variety of stakeholders
- Compelling presentation skills with confidence & ability to present findings, defend a point of view & offer constructive challenge to senior leaders
- Demonstrated track record in successfully managing ambitious, strategic, & operationally complex projects with cross-functional teams
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.