- 8+ years of software development experience
- Experience in web development for both desktop & mobile platforms
- Strong understanding of web performance, scalability, & implementation constraints
- Experience with React or Angular 2, Node.js, Webpack, Jest, HTML5, CSS3, AJAX
- Understanding of microservice encapsulation, scalability, & instrumentation
- An API-first mindset
- A commitment to strongly-tested CI/CD workflows
- Experience with languages on the JVM, AWS, containerized deployments
- A desire to use the right tool for the job
- Opinions on GraphQL
- A strong focus on the end-user experience
Youll get to
- Build state of the art systems that have real revenue-generating impact
- Be creative & experiment with new solutions while also being pragmatic & committed to code optimization, maintainability, & quality that can scale to a large user base
- Help define our development environment, & communicate the best development practices within the organization (code reviews, testing, lighting talks, etc)
- Develop & implement distributed systems using best practices & tools - including documentation & evangelism
- Work closely with other teams (business partners, Product, & UX) to drive product development
- Own everything from development through to production, including AWS assets
- Lead discussions & contribute to technical architecture decisions
- Mentor more junior engineers
About the Engineering team
The retail space is one of the most rapidly changing industries today, & Moda stays at the forefront of those moves because of its innovative engineering team. Theyre working on some of the biggest advances in tech right now: artificial intelligence, big data analysis, machine learning, & customized, innovative tools. The entire tech stack is built in-house, using the latest tools & frameworks.
Moda is a young startup with a dynamic culture, engineers at the company can have an oversized impact with their work advancing not only Modas technology, but the retail industry as a whole. Engineers arent told how they should implement new features Moda has created a great culture for self-driven experimentation, innovation, & fresh ideas.
About Moda Operandi
Moda Operandi brings designer fashion collections, from established & emerging designers, straight from the runway & designer showrooms to consumers through our online marketplace & Trunk Show model. We recently brought on a new CEO Ganesh Srivats, ex-Tesla, with experience in building top quality products & technology. He sees us as a global platform connecting creators, curators & consumers; we are redefining how luxury fashion is bought & sold in what is predicted to be a $446 billion market by 2025. We have opportunity to rapidly scale the business globally while also investing heavily in technology, data, & customer experience to innovate on our core platform.
Backed by New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Apax Digital, Adrian Cheng|K11, LVMH, Fidelity Investments & Cond Nast, the company recently announced a $165M Series F growth investment round which it will use to fuel investments in technology & data science, expand the designer offering, continued international expansion, & increased development across several key business verticals. This will fuel our ambition to reach $1B+ in revenue by 2021.
- An Agile, Tech/Product-driven environment
- Unlimited PTO
- Premium medical, dental, & vision coverage for full-time employees & their dependents
- 401k matching
- Dog-friendly office