Technical Account Manager - Japan Region
A Technical Account Manager (TAM) is a trusted business advisor to HYPR's Premier Support customers, providing valuable guidance around operations & optimization of customers' IT infrastructure through quality Service Delivery Management.
When a Premier customer has deployed a HYPR product or solution, should something unexpected occur the TAM, working with Customer Service & Support (CSS), manages the incident to resolution & then follows up to ensure either product improvement within HYPR or operational improvement within the customer's IT environment. By maintaining a long-term relationship with the customer, the TAM gains an in-depth understanding of the customer's IT organizations' impact on the overall business, its IT goals, & its own IT challenges. This knowledge is then used by the TAM to create a Service Delivery Plan to optimize the customer's operational success with HYPR products.
- Authorized to work in Japan
- Mastered proficiency in the English language
- Commercial or business proficiency in the Japanese language
- Role will be based on-site with Japan clients
Key initiatives for this role include:
- Customer health through service delivery, planning & execution
- Customer satisfaction
- Emphasis on prevention & consultative advice
- Management of support services to Enterprise Services customers.
- Technically advise the customer on HYPRs product, architecture & implementation
Must have a proven track record for excellence in leadership, communication, interpersonal & customer service skills, as well as advanced knowledge of the practices & procedures for project management, sales, marketing & strategic planning.
Education & Experience:
A degree in an engineering related field including Computer Science, Information Technology or an Engineering Management/MBA equivalent.
Scope & decision making include:
- Manages a diverse & complex scope of proactive & reactive support issues.
- Solves complex support issues effectively.
- Escalates issues, as necessary, for confirmation of solutions or other options as needed. Assesses customers' risks & needs & recommends appropriate service offerings to proactively address.
- Documents recommendations formally via a service delivery plan & presents to customer & virtual account team unit.
- Manages the delivery of recommended/agreed-upon services to achieve high customer satisfaction & trust.
- Makes timely & financially sound decisions with moderate uncertainty or pressure on a consistent basis.
- Decisions sometimes impact immediate & other related groups.
- Determines the most effective method of problem resolution by utilizing internal resources when necessary.
- Occasionally leads sharing of best practices with the team community.
- Consistently establishes & maintains working relationships with internal support delivery teams, customer support teams, customer contracts & material representatives.
- Establishes & maintains close relationships with Field Engineers/Solution Architects & Customer Support to execute on a service account/delivery plan.
- Position relies internally upon Customer Support Professionals, Field Engineers/Solution Architects, & their management, Customer Support Services (Engagement Managers/Project Managers), & Account Managers & Account Executives.
- Communicates with, & influences, leadership/management.
- External position relies upon Customer Support Manager (CSMs) - usually comprised of IT managers & individual technical contributors.
A minimum of 5 years of experience in an enterprise support environment with a strong understanding of corporate account support needs & knowledge of support industry.
Fundamental knowledge in two or more of the following: network & desktop operating systems, information worker applications, database systems, messaging, management & operations, security, project management. Consistently practices strong organizational, communication, project management, negotiation, & problem solving skills. Contributes to team operational precision by active design of & participation in community initiatives.
- Go-to person for customers technical & business requirements
- High level understanding of highly available software deployments & associated technologies is required
- Background in implementation is a big positive.
- Prior experience in TAM role is mandatory.
What HYPR Offers:
- All members of the team are senior. You are joining a team of All Stars who consistently deliver the highest quality in all areas of customer service & success.
- An organization with a great work life balance. Many of our employees have families & responsibilities outside of the office that they are able to easily meet.
- A mission driven culture. At HYPR you will never be spinning your wheels on tasks that do not matter. Everything we develop is cutting edge & important.
- High levels of ownership. We understand that we are able to do our best work when we can bring insights together.
- An emphasis on collaboration & access to giants in the industry. We achieve our best because we employ the best.
- Our engineers use the latest frameworks & language iterations. Our marketing, sales, ops & more utilize the best & latest tools for innovation & scale.
- Competitive Salary & Equity offer with significant upside as we scale
- Generous equipment budget & customized workstation. You will have what you need to be successful
Full Time Opportunity:Yes
Remote:Yes (Onsite in Japan with Customers)
HYPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.