Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI-enabled platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun. We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, raised over $570 million from leading venture & growth technology investors, & been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Who you are:
Who you are:
Youre a research scientist, with several years of management experience, who has published in top tier conferences & are passionate about having a positive impact on the world. You are enthusiastic about working on some of the most challenging problems in AI, & have a track record of leading & growing a team to directly contribute to products while advancing the state of the art. You are highly visible in the research community, & you are a strategic thinker that masters balancing execution with really big, long term ideas.
- Lead a growing, interdisciplinary team of scientists & engineers performing research to advance the state of the art & solve specific problems at scale in one or more of the following areas: NLP, Information Retrieval, Machine Learning, Deep Learning.
- Provide technical direction for multiple projects, thought leadership, & operational support (by connecting the right dots & helping serve as a liaison between various stakeholders including product, engineering, & design, etc.).
- Work closely with various members of the executive leadership team to ensure alignment of projects & solutions.
- Contribute to the research community & demonstrate thought leadership via talks, publications in top tier venues, participation in program committees, etc.
- Excel in placing a human-centered focus on the work (context, end-user impact, etc), finding solutions that work in practice & have significant impact.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science (NLP, IR, Machine Learning, Deep Learning).
- At least 5 years of management experience in an industrial research environment.
- Experience in one or several of the following topics: topic detection & tracking, text classification, summarization, knowledge extraction/representation/management, trending topic detection, knowledge bases, search, machine learning & deep learning, etc.
- Outstanding publication record (SIGIR, KDD, WWW, ICML, NIPS, ACL, CIKM, RecSys, etc.).
- Familiarity with machine learning & deep learning tools (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, etc)
Why you should work here:
We recognize & reward hard work with:
- Competitive compensation package including company equity.
- Paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401 (k) savings plan with company matching.
- Flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking, & dependent care expenses.
We want you to be your best, authentic self & support you with:
- A diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- Opportunities to own & drive critical projects
- Daily catered lunch
- Individual Learning & Development fund & professional training
- Generous leave & flexible hours
- Daily catered lunch & a fully stocked kitchen
- And More!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.