Harrys started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harrys has expanded to Canada & Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo & Cat Person, & made our first brand acquisition with Lum.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, the Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback.
Harrys is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays & lunch on Thursdays, & fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, & drinks everyday. Cant forget the free products & the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
The Sr. Director for the Walmart Team is the primary strategic leader for Harrys Inc with Walmart. This role will lead our comprehensive strategy development & business plan, & will lead a dedicated team representing the entire Harrys portfolio to include both the Harrys & Flamingo brands. This role plays a direct & vital impact on the companys future growth & success, as we continue to build innovation & scale for Harrys portfolio while significantly broadening the awareness, trial potential, & efficiency for the overall business. This individual needs to embody the understanding that the outcome of our strategy development with Walmart is ultimately about delighting our customers who use our products, & that Walmart is a partner with us on that journey. Our retail team should deeply understand our brands & the customers who use our brands & shop for our brands. Finally, the Sr. Director role holds a key responsibility in collaborating with our Sales, Strategy & Planning team, our Brands, & our Personal Care leadership so that we understand what is required now to win, & what should be anticipated for the future. This role reports directly to the Head of Retail for Harrys
About the Team
The Retail organization is the premiere retail selling organization within the industry, & represents a vibrant community of talented managers & a culture of winning & celebrating along the way. It is a critical function that drives our brand strategies & growth with omnichannel retailing. The Retail organization is responsible for all customer development activities at each retailer, cultivating relationships across all functions merchandising, marketing, store operations, supply chain, & omnichannel development.
Your core responsibilities
- Lead Harrys business portfolio development with Walmart, to include delivering budgeted sales revenue & EBITDA contribution, & growing share of category sales through superior sales fundamentals, marketing & supply chain management. This includes leading a cross-functional team that will surround our partner with total solutions capability.
- Own the establishment & execution of our overall vision & strategy to win with Walmart, to include collaborating to secure input, investment & support from internal cross-functional partners.
- Build & foster relationships with Senior-level leadership at Walmart, including merchandising, marketing, supply chain & store operations. This includes building & owning a three-year JBP (Joint Business Plan) & mutual scorecard, which encompasses our growth Walmarts & KPIs that matter to both Harrys & Walmart.
- Ensure we have robust category-level Joints Business Plans with corresponding scorecards that represent mutually defined annual goals
- Manage & own the Walmart Team P&L, including trade investment & overall OpEx considerations.
- Lead the hiring, training & development of top talent for Harrys Inc creating a highly collaborative & effective culture that reflects Harrys Vision, Mission & Values.
- Define & lead the necessary business questions & support from data analytics & shopper/consumer insights, to position Harrys as the thought leader in shave & soft product categories in which we compete.
These might describe you
- A strong leader with a demonstrated track-record for exhibiting an entrepreneurial spirit coupled with a general management mindset & capabilities.
- Professional, enthusiastic, a solid team player & possess a drive for results.
- Demonstrated track-record of experience & success in delivering top & bottom line results.
- Leadership experience in CPG marketing, sales or Retail merchandising & marketing is ideal.
- Curiosity & passion for creating breakthrough moments in store merchandising & store operation execution.
- A model of collaborative behavior & execution in delivering great programming for the Harrys brands at retail
- Strong interpersonal, written/oral communication & presentation skills
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, & the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, & supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- Extremely organized, dependable & self-motivated with the ability to excel in a fast paced environment
Who you will work with
- You'll work most closely with key Walmart leadership & contacts, Sales Strategy & Planning for go-to-market planning, Brand, Demand/Supply Planning, & Distribution for operational & fulfillment needs, R&D for product innovation, & Creative for display design development.
- You'll report to the Head of Retail
Benefits & perks
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harrys
- Unlimited PTO & flexible working hours
- Wellness & L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL & virtual events including happy hours, team building events, & parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
This role can be done remotely, however there may be location constraints based on where Harry's is registered & able to employ individuals. Please work with your recruiter & your hiring manager to understand any location constraints. We are authorized & able to employ individuals in many, but not all states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where we are registered or able to employ individuals, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
We cant quantify all of the intangible things we think youll love about working at Harrys, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart & humble team youll get to work with, & our supportive & inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size & industry, & are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits & our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $195,200-$268,400, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidates location, skill level & experience.