Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
We are looking for a capable & empathetic engineering leader who is excited at the prospect of mentoring cohorts of budding engineers through Twilios Hatch Software Engineering apprenticeship program. We are launching the program in our Denver office in late 2020. The person in this role will need to roll up their sleeves & dive into code as well as mentor apprentices on their journey as software developers.
Twilio is looking for a leader who embodies the Twilio Magic & demonstrates an equitable approach to building engineering teams & nurturing new talent. They also have:
- A drive to act as an advocate for their team, setting people up for success & putting others growth first.
- A strong growth mindset & know how to push others to achieve their potential.
- Familiarity with agile processes, continuous integration & test automation.
- A desire to be cross-functional & influence resources outside of your immediate control.
- A passion for coaching senior engineers to develop their mentorship capabilities..
- An ability to pragmatically distill complex & ambiguous situations into actionable plans for your team.
- A love for making an impact & thriving in collaborative, energetic teams.
As an Engineering Manager for the Hatch Software Engineering Apprenticeship program, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE INCLUSIVE: Lead a development program focused on an equitable approach to enabling apprentice software engineers to be successful contributors towards Twilios core products. Engage with recruiting to source talent through development bootcamps & community partners as part of Twilios Hatch program.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Provide 1:1 & team support & guidance that enables self-organization, sustained high velocity, & predictability.
- WEAR CUSTOMERS SHOES: Partner with talent acquisition & key engineering stakeholders to maintain a strong pipeline of diverse hires through recruitment, hiring, training, placement, & ongoing support. Work with business leaders to set teams & apprentices up for success.
- BE AN OWNER: Contribute to & develop key strategic goals within Twilios Platform Engineering organization & Engineering Education & Training team.
- DRAW THE OWL: Act as an ambassador for Twilios values, partnering with local development bootcamps & communities to continue to build strong external relationships.
This is a unique opportunity to lead Twilios Hatch Apprenticeship program in our Denver location. The Hatch program is designed to provide access to software engineering roles for persons with non traditional educational, professional & personal experience. Hatch ensures apprentices have the resources & on-the-job training they need to grow their careers without compromising their identity or rounding down their personalities to fit the mold of the industry norm.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Denver office, but likely remote at first. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.