Who we are
At Justworks, youll enjoy a welcoming & casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, & the ability to interact with & learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard & care about our most prized asset - our people.
Were helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. Were data-driven & never stop iterating. If youd like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful & having fun while doing it, wed love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals & shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product & in our team.
If this sounds like you, youll fit right in.
As Justworks Senior Manager, Payroll Tax you will be a leading expert on all aspects of payroll tax for our PEO. You must possess a strong ability to see ideas for improvement instituted in near real-time. You are collaborative, as this role requires you to work within a cross-functional department responsible for payroll & tax processing, & also work across departments including but not limited to Legal, Finance, & Customer Success. You are able to manage high pressure situations with ease & a great demeanor. You are passionate about developing a team of experts, while utilizing your own expertise to ensure Justworks adheres to best practices for timely & accurate payroll tax remittance.
What you'll do
- Lead a high-performing, efficient, & dedicated Payroll Tax team that manages daily payroll tax processing, accurate tax withholding & remittance, & provides internal payroll tax guidance to multiple departments
- Ensure accurate quarter & year end processing included but not limited to federal, state & local tax reconciliations, W-2 & 1099 issuance
- Provide guidance, mentorship, & development to the existing team of payroll tax analysts & coordinators
- Handle escalated issues, tax notices or tax audits for federal, state & local taxes
- Establish best practice for tax administration
- Research & communicate information about current & proposed payroll tax legislation & company procedures to ensure compliance & customer understanding
- Support internal control compliance initiatives, testing & remediation; ensure that payroll tax processes & procedures are updated
Who you are
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of payroll tax experience, Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred
- 2+ years experience as a direct manager
- Multi-state large employer or PEO payroll tax filing experience
- Working knowledge of payroll tax regulations & payroll tax systems
- Expertise in electronic filing of federal, state & local payroll tax returns
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, in a high paced & fluid environment
- Demonstrated strong communication, interpersonal & analytical skills
Visa sponsorship is not currently available for this role
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, & life experience is the norm & is celebrated authentically & respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people & our product drives creativity & innovation, entrepreneurial leadership & integrity, competitiveness & collaboration throughout our business & in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, & our product accessible to all of our customers.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.