About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer, Data, you will be responsible for building & maintaining scalable data pipelines to support a variety of business needs. You will participate in the construction & maintenance of Harrys Data Lake & DWH. You will report to the Senior Manager of Data Engineering.
About the Team
Data plays an integral role at Harrys, for example in messaging customers, optimizing acquisition channels, or forecasting demand. The infrastructure & applications that you'll build on the Data Engineering team will power decisions, become multipliers on our revenue & traffic, & help us work more efficiently.
We are responsible for loading upstream data into our data warehouse, for retrieving third-party data, & for maintaining our own infrastructure in the cloud.
What youll do:
- Build data pipelines & 3rd party integrations
- Partner with data scientists, data analysts & business users in enabling data driven decisioning including data wrangling, ad-hoc queries & supporting ML modeling
- Design & implement tools for ongoing data quality monitoring & alerting as we scale our infrastructure to support additional brands, systems & geographies.
Who you are:
- 1-3 years of experience in the field of business intelligence, application development, database development & ETL and/or data analysis domains with strong Hadoop, Hive and/or Spark knowledge
- 1-3 years hands-on experience with Python or Scala
- Strong command of SQL
- Experience with streaming architectures
- You are curious about software & how things work, you work to understand technical problems deeply, & you stay current.
- You are able to productively collaborate with business users, data analysts, & data scientists. You invest in the success of your teammates, cross-functional partners & projects.
- Knowledge of NoSql DBs
What we use:
- AWS (Redshift, EMR, S3, Athena, Kinesis, Lambda )
- Devops skills: Ansible, Docker
- Working with BI tools, as user or backend (e.g Tableau, Looker)
- Agile experience
Harrys is a mens grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience & for guys who know they shouldnt have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value & experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website & select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers & are growing fast. Were always looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online & in stores across the country. We have recently raised additional funding to help us develop brands beyond mens grooming which will expand needs & possibilities for Data Engineering.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.