TripAdvisor is the worlds largest information platform for travel. Our goal is to understand travelers better than anyone else so that we help travelers make the most of every trip. More than 400 million travelers around the globe come to our site & apps each month to discover & book the best things to do, places to eat, & accommodations. The Core Experience team is focused on ensuring TripAdvisor is providing everything a traveler needs as they dream, plan, & ultimately take their perfect trip.
Ideal candidates for this role will have a passion for solving user problems by bringing together the best content available to help travelers make confident decisions for their trip. Additionally, they will be asked to uncover & deeply empathize with user problems, make a business case for solving them, construct project plans & a forward looking roadmap to get us there, & collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to bring solutions to market. Youll quarterback a cross-functional team that includes product managers, UX designers, engineers, user researchers, & analysts that are all working together to bring your vision to life.
- Establish the objectives, goals, strategies, & plans for core surfaces, & empower teams throughout the full product lifecycle.
- Manage a team of product managers, serving as both their day-to-day manager as well as stewards of their career.
- Develop deep partnership with large teams of engineers, designers, researchers, & analysts across the company to bring the vision to life.
- Develop measurement strategies that transparently communicate goals to internal & external stakeholders.
- Evangelize a content strategy across the organization, & partner with complementary business unit teams to holistically deliver on personalization across the business.
- Develop operational efficiency within the team to bring the highest quality products to market in the least amount of time.
What Were Looking For:
- 6+ years of consumer-facing internet product management or related experience.
- Experience managing a team of 3+ product managers & portfolio of products
- Experience working with Content Management Systems to enable merchandising & editorial teams to push relevant promotions
- Ability to source, prioritize, & implement content that solves new user problems
- Creativity & curiosity. A creative problem solver with a deep curiosity about making travel better.
- Excellent communication skills. Being able to communicate efficiently both strategic vision & specific details to various stakeholders, from senior leadership to individual project members. Being able to write clear & concise product requirements, status updates & product results.
- Deep expertise in machine learning & personalization.
- Excellent analytical skills. Able to interpret data & trends, diagnose problems, & recommend effective action plans to resolve issues is critical. Familiarity with Tableau & SQL will be required.
- A pulse on what makes great user experiences across native, mobile web, tablet, & desktop form factors.
- Project management skills. Someone with responsibility to ensure that projects are completed at a high quality in a timely manner.
- Experience with agile methodologies highly preferred. Experience with project tracking & collaboration software will be a plus (e.g. JIRA).
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with multiple responsibilities.
- Strong teamwork & collaboration skills are essential.
- A passion for travel.