The Facilities Manager will be responsible for managing existing assets within Knotel's London portfolio of properties & driving the management & process at new locations. The facilities manager will perform management functions including working closely with the Real Estate team during the leasing stage to ensure operational handovers, ensure full property management from the point of signing & the subsequent maintenance & operation of those spaces. Additional responsibilities include developing budgets, answering operational & financial questions from internal departments, & developing relationships & resolving issues with Landlords (where Knotel leases the asset).
Knotel's team embraces curiosity, integrity, hospitality & tenacious problem-solving, & the Manager will contribute to this culture while pushing us to innovate & do our best work.
What Youll Do
The Facilities manager will drive the operational & maintenance upkeep of all Knotel spaces to ensure the increase revenue, improved efficiency, & operational excellence. Including:
- Coordinate the transition of newly acquired properties into the company's systems.
- Coordinate coverages & confirming Fire Safety & Health & Safety compliance with portfolio/third party requirements.
- Analyze issues related to a property's performance & make recommendations.
- Create and/or review operating budgets, verifying assumptions, understanding value drivers, & comparing to underwriting.
- Maintain & monitor property management activity & reporting schedules.
- Advise & support the leasing department as needed.
- Communicate with landlords regarding property issues & negotiate their resolution.
- Establish best-in-class management practices & processes.
Who You Are
You are a results-driven professional with the ability to make sound business decisions. You have an experience in facilities management & are comfortable diving deep into general building requirements. You operate cross-functionally, but still move fast to get things done. You believe in the vision of Knotel while striving for continuous & ongoing operational improvements to operate the best headquarters for our members. You also have the following:
- 7+ years of experience managing Real Estate portfolios.
- A strong background in facilities maintenance, including PPM, Fire safety, Workplace occupational health & safety & building strong vendor relationships.
- Strong written & oral communication & interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills & the ability to process multiple concurrent projects
- A working understanding of standard real estate legal documents such as leases & management agreements
- A fearlessness about getting your hands dirty - literally & figuratively
Knotel is the worlds leading flexible workspace platform that matches, tailors & manages space for customers. Knotel caters to established & growing companies, giving them the freedom to focus on their business, culture, & people. With over 5 million square feet across 200 locations in four continents, Knotel is transforming commercial real estate & moving companies forward.
Knotel was founded in 2016 to give businesses the flexibility & speed to scale on their own terms. All Knotel spaces are tailored to the needs of each individual company by an in-house team of architects, interior designers, & workplace strategists. For more information, please visit www.knotel.com.
Our Core Values
- Fly your Flag - Dont check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
- Dont Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home & give the gift of belonging.
- Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal & back out the journey
- Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure & sign up for the hairy challenges.
- Where is it Engraved - Question orthodoxy.
- Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others & offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual & collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive culture where people of any race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law can do their best work & fly their flag. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts & initiatives further outlined here.