About the Team
The Global Sourcing team at Harrys is responsible for the end-to-end supply chain, including product development, supplier relationships & ongoing replenishment. As part of the greater Supply Chain Operations team, Global Sourcing supports a key strategic goal of the company to scope, develop, source, scale, & supply high-quality products to customers & retailers all over the world. Compared to sourcing teams at traditional CPGs, Global Sourcing at Harrys plays an integral role in the companys roadmap & beyond. We take great pride in the fact that were partners helping to grow both the top & bottom line - we think like business owners.
About the Role
We are seeking a Global Sourcing Senior Associate, to own a product category at Harrys. The determined category will be brand specific & filled with opportunities to help scale the business exponentially. The Senior Associate will continue to ensure that we deliver high-value quality products in a timely fashion & at a competitive margin. This person will be based in our New York office, but will also collaborate with our UK team, EU team & partner with our suppliers globally to drive company objectives, & most importantly, to continue serving our customers better than our competitors.
What you will accomplish:
- Become a key team member on the Soft Products cross-functional makers team; embrace the culture, working style, collaborative spirit & accountability.
- Proactively work with our R&D team (Product Development, Packaging Engineers, Project Managers, Design & Product Research) & suppliers to best source for product development needs while maintaining a strong stewardship on cost, quality, scalability, execution, & the ability to achieve key deadlines.
- Partner with Supply Planning to ensure replenishment is sufficient to our inventory targets; act as a liaison between S&OP & our suppliers, including escalating issues internally & externally to satisfy business needs.
- Partner with our Brand team(s) to help ideate, support & problem solve marketing objectives, including product development, go to market strategies, promotional events, global expansion & other brand building objectives.
- While always keeping Harry's vision in perspective, leverage your supplier relationships to secure long-term contracts, competitive pricing, capacity, lead times, capex & innovation to deliver value to our brands & customers.
- With an improve always mindset, devise strategies to continually optimize value within your Sourcing category.
This should describe you:
- You have 2-5 years of experience in a Supply Chain related field, preferably in some aspect of Sourcing / Procurement / Purchasing & with a CPG company with relevant personal care brands.
- You have either worked for a high growth company or driven by an entrepreneurial startup mentality & value evolving processes & systems.
- Ability to coexist in a fast moving, increasingly complex, & growing company during a very exciting time for our brands! Youre excited & ready to help us grow.
- You are the master of your own vertical - you will have total ownership over your lane.
- All in all together. Committed to teamwork, committed to actively contributing, & supporting others to lead & drive work stream synergies.
- Look left to find right. Strong problem solver. You can develop a creative and/or pragmatic plan that leads to a solution when given a problem with little or conflicting information. Thinks outside or in the box to solve issues.
- Produce results. You can start projects and, most importantly, successfully drive them to completion while establishing preventive measures to eliminate repeats.
- You thrive on direct, honest, & supportive communication; both ways.
- Strong communicator. Ability to communicate well with various cross-functional teams & individual contributors, as well as your suppliers. Ability to cater to your audience, whether with peers, Harrys leadership, supplier senior leaders, plant workers, etc.
- Ability to take a 360 approach. You do not get lost in the weeds & always work towards the bigger picture. The end goal is never forgotten.
- You want the skus you manage to thrive! You are enthusiastic & committed at every stage of a product life-cycle from cradle to grave.
- You dont mind traveling domestically & internationally directly to the source of your suppliers to ensure that we are in the most capable hands & are always achieving our supply objectives.
- You are a fast learner; always seeking to improve yourself, your team, & the world around you. Humble in your intellect.
- You can hold your own with senior leaders, seeking their buy in, negotiating with, presenting to, etc. Able to develop relationships with leadership theyre human too.
- To you, theres nothing more exciting than a new challenge! Sign me up mentality.
- You have a good sense of humor; we take our work seriously & ourselves not so seriously!
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to Global Supply Manager, Soft Products
- Youll work on the Global Sourcing team, which is part of the greater Supply Chain team (Operations)
- Youll work cross-functionally with Global Sourcing, R&D, Quality, S&OP, Marketing, Retail, Distribution & Logistics, Legal, Finance, DTC, Design, UK/EU team, CX, Harrys Leadership, etc.
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.