Are you looking to combine your passion for technology with your penchant for strategic problem solving? Appian Customer success is obsessed with great customer outcomes. We deliver mission-critical business impact fast, & are directly responsible for partnering with our customers to bring their best ideas to life. Joining the Customer Success team will provide you with the support & growth you need to strengthen & evolve your skills within the consulting field.
Appian is looking for a Lead Systems Administrator to scale Appians technical solutions & work alongside Appians delivery teams. As a Lead Systems Administrator, you will be an Appian technical leader within our Customer Success team as well as an advisor to Appians clients. In this role, not only do you become an expert at installing, operating, & scaling the Appian platform, but you will also be scaling business process applications on our software. You will become a business process expert in the various industries of our clients. The ideal candidate will combine Appian technical, product & business skills to make our customers successful.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Ability to provide exceptional customer interaction (verbal, written, face-to-face)
- Systems administration (e.g. Linux, Windows) experience with IaaS Solutions (egs.: Amazon Web Services, Google Compute Engine, or Microsoft Azure). Administering & managing an on-prem installation of an Appian environment is a huge plus.
- Administration of one or more RDMS platforms (e.g. MySql, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Postgres, MariaDB)
Some of the tools & resources we will equip you with include:
- Within your first few weeks of joining us, you will attend new hire orientation along with our 25-day CS Academy, Agile methodology, & Appian system administration & customer support bootcamps to ensure you are set up for success
- Access to over 1,000+ Udemy course, along with dedicated learning time to focus on areas you specifically would like to focus on as a cloud systems administrator
- An agile-led work environment where you will be challenged & your ideas will be heard
- Bachelors degree in any Engineering discipline, Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Technology, or similar work
- You are an expert IT systems administrator building, maintaining, scripting, patching, & managing hosts, databases, & interconnected Cloud services with approximately 5 years of experience
- US Citizenship - candidates being considered for a Public Sector roles must be a U.S. citizen & be able to obtain a minimum of a Secret Security Clearance
- CompTIA Security+ certification required prior to or directly following onboarding
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.