As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
The Strategist is seeking an Associate Web Producer to support their growing editorial team. This person will help build out feature articles, and, on a day-to-day basis, update already-published articles with stock changes, to ensure the Strategist's growing inventory of evergreen articles is as up-to-date as possible.
What Youll Do:
- Transferring article text & images to New York Medias CMS, collaborating with editors to determine the best way to translate content.
- Updating articles & correcting formatting issues.
- Coding product links to track affiliate revenue, with guidance from Vox Medias e-commerce team.
- Assisting deputy editor in executing content strategy for holidays & tentpole events.
- Optimizing articles for search & social.
- Assisting Strategist editors with other tasks as needed.
What Youll Bring:
- Familiarity with web publishing systems.
- A proofreaders eye for formatting errors.
- Knowledge of editorial e-commerce, social media & SEO best practices a plus.
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.