Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America's largest independent game developers with close to600employees & over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company's games have reachedmore than200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead byDaylightTM,celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world's most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney,Netflix,Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, & many more.For more information:bhvr.com.
As a GameProgrammer, you will actively participate to the development of our production or work on developing system features. In this role, you will have to prototype, conceive & implement new game mechanics & to contribute to improving existing ones.
What will you do ?
- Work within a cross-discipline team on the development of various game features - mostly related to the 3C or the usability (general game mechanics);
- Debug & optimize your code at a low & high levels to ensure optimal performance & quality;
- Assess & communicate around the possible impacts of a change in the code;
- Participate actively to the code reviews;
- Test carefully the newly implemented features & suggest improvements;
- Develop technical solutions that answer to the game's needs & to our standards in terms of quality & performance;
- Ensure that all the constraints have been taken into account while developing our games;
- Keep updated of the latest technological trends.
- You write a clear & maintainable code for at least 5 years
- You possess a previous experience in gameplay programming with at least one game shipped
- You are really comfortable with programming - especially in C++ & C#
- You love solving challenging technical problems with the most effective solution
- You are able to prioritize, plan, organize your work & time & work within deadlines
- You have a strong interest & a real enthusiasm for video games & the gaming environment we work in
- You have strong communication & interpersonal skills
- You are thriving on change & can adapt changing needs & requirements
That would be great if you :
- Have a previous experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Possess a previous experience working on multiplayer games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline.
We are an equal-opportunity employer & we are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives & background will lead to a better environment for our employees & to better games for our users.