Vimeo's Video Platform team is responsible for the systems & services that upload, transcode, & deliver billions of plays & hundreds of petabytes of on-demand & live videos.
As a member of the Video Platform team, youll work closely with the other team members to ensure the video (VOD & Live) infrastructure is always up & running, write APIs to interface with other systems, & work with other teams to improve the end-users experience.
We own the services we write, which means following the best practices when it comes to writing code, writing tests, & ensuring the apps are properly instrumented.
What youll do:
- Design, develop & maintain Vimeos video upload, transcoding & live infrastructures (from ingest to playback).
- Work with the team to build frameworks to simplify deployment & testing.
- Deliver innovative video solutions in collaboration with Video Encoding, Player & other Product Engineering teams
- Architect scalable, observable systems in collaboration with Cloud & CDN providers to deliver high quality user experience.
- Evaluate & propose new solutions to improve performance & cost.
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 2+ years of experience programming for distributed systems.
- Experience designing & implementing scalable systems in the cloud.
- Experience with containers (e.g. Docker) & orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes).
- Write high-quality code, tests & make sure your services are monitored.
Bonus points (nice skills to have, but not needed):
- Experience with Go.
- Experience working with video technologies (ffmpeg, HLS, Dash, etc.).
- Experience with Google Cloud.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform).
Vimeo is the worlds leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, & organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate & communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse & global community. Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, & strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs