We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, Away is seeking a Production Coordinator to provide operational support to the Production team.
We are a global lifestyle brand that is on a mission to create thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. In support of our mission, the ideal candidate will have had 0-2 years of professional work experience & be proficient in Excel and/or Google sheets with experience in advanced formulas (index/match, v/h lookups, pivot tables, charts, etc.). The ideal candidate must also demonstrate extreme attention to detail, analytical thinking, & eagerness to iterate on & implement new processes. This individual contributor will be responsible for assisting in the management of the day-to-day business of production from PO placement to ultimately ensuring that our product is at the right place, at the right time for our customers. This position will report to the Production Senior Manager based out of our headquarters in NoHo, NYC. *Currently remote until it is safe to return to office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups & mandatory bias training, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
What You'll Do:
- Monitor & track purchase orders & inventory through the receipt reconciliation process. Partner with factories to ensure on time delivery of goods & resolve any late orders. Escalate any issues to the team.
- Own the Purchase Order process for packaging & extra components to support the lifetime guarantees.
- Ensure accurate data maintenance & integrity with key production documents & reports. Extreme attention to detail is vital for all accurate reporting.
- Independently manage & troubleshoot item master data, product hierarchy, PO, or Invoice as needed.
- Responsible for generating & updating weekly & ad/hoc reports as requested by the team.
- Resolve any invoicing discrepancies with vendors on price, quantity or changes.
- Support the team with troubleshooting challenges with our component & finished good factories, freight providers, & transportation team to ensure on-time delivery of product to port.
- Own KPI reporting updates.
- Support in the implementation of an ERP system.
- Partner with the team to iterate & implement new processes. Assist in identifying process inefficiencies & making recommendations for process improvements in a timely manner.
- Develop strong, collaborative, partnerships with cross functional teams.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree
- 0-2 years professional work experience
- Proficiency with Excel and/or GoogleSheets including data manipulation/organization.
- A strong written/oral communicator
- Experience or exposure to supply chain management systems
- Ability to work independently & thrive in a very fast paced environment that requires continual multi-tasking & prioritization
- Self-starter with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Detail-oriented & proactive problem-solver
- Possess analytical skills, ability to draw thoughtful conclusions & recommendations
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
- Strong internal customer focus & attention to detail.
- Love to travel (but that's a given)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. As a global company, our benefits & perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees wellbeing both inside & outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with snacks & coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to
- do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs & grow your career along the way.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, & events, were building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent & impact our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work & we also organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Launched in 2016 by co-founders Steph Korey & Jen Rubio, Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel. By selling directly to customers both online & through retail stores, Away is able to eliminate retailer mark up & offer high quality, thoughtfully designed luggage & travel essentials without driving up the price. In just under four years, Away has already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, & one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies. Away is headquartered in New York City, with offices in London & Sydney. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture & a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.