Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, & Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman & CEO) & Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine's list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud ERP software for our nation's cities, counties, & state agencies. We have surpassed 1,000+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective & accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2021 Top Workplaces USA award winner!
About the Applications Support Specialist - Tier 2 role:
The Application Support Specialist - Tier 2 is a product specialist role in the OpenGov Customer Support organization. In this role you will provide direct support to OpenGov customers through phone & email for specific OpenGov applications. The Tier 2 specialist is responsible for taking ownership of cases that have been triaged by Tier 1 & for working with the customer to resolve the reported issue. You will mentor the Tier 1 support team members, & you will work with Tier 3 when escalation to Research & Development is required to bring an issue to successful resolution. You will work closely alongside the Technical Support Analysts, Professional Services, & Customer Success Teams in this role.
- Work directly with customers to research, troubleshoot, & resolve OpenGov application related issues in a timely manner
- Verify & escalate issues that require Engineering support to tier three support, as needed
- Update customers on the evolving status of their cases & follow up with tier three, as needed
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to meet company goals & solve customer problems
- Direct & educate customers through phone calls, desktop screen sharing, & written communications to help them understand best practices on accessing features & utilizing product capabilities
- Mentor Tier 1 support on best practices & product knowledge
- Contribute to the knowledge base by reviewing & editing knowledge content authored by the tier one team
- Serve in an on call rotation for after hours emergency escalations
- 5+ years direct customer service or support experience
- Direct experience with general & personnel budget production for a government (state or local) or government agency
- Technical aptitude & the ability to grasp & explain technical concepts to a less technical user
- Strong cross-group collaboration skills & experience working across multiple teams
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, & listening skills
- Proven ability to lead & influence at all levels
- Skilled at leading others to action on key initiatives
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational, time-management, & prioritization skills
- Ability to absorb new technologies & product features quickly
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Ability to de-escalate sensitive situations
- CPA or prior accounting experience
- Understanding of the Chart of Accounts in relation to Government budgeting
- Working knowledge of accounting & budgeting principles
- ZenDesk & JIRA experience