Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes & providing them with the platform & network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, & workflow. We recognize that business is both messy & social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
The Tradeshift brand team helps to grow the business by growing the brand. We are the digital team, responsible for delivering a global web presence that converts visitors to customers. We are the content team, creating stories that build relationships. And we're the brand studio, driving an emotional connection with our brand through outstanding, consistent, & confident creative assets. All together, we are responsible for defining an inimitable Tradeshift voice, a bold persona, & an unforgettable story--and for bringing that all to life at scale.
As an Art Director, you will be a critical member of the Brand Studio group. You will lead branding, visual design, direction, & execution for creative & strategic projects.
You will deliver design direction & production of creative deliverables, & will review other's work to ensure that all design elements align with the overall creative vision, brand strategy & business needs. You will mentor & influence colleagues, present your work to stakeholders, & contribute to or lead critical projects including a company-wide rebrand. We will rely on you to be a master of both conceptual & production aspects of visual design with an eye for pixel-accurate detail & a mind for dreaming up impactful visual communications that bring brands to life & speak to their audiences.
What a day is like:
At Tradeshift, you need to be ready for anything & willing to jump in. However, in a typical day you might:
- Help an internal client understand what they really need & be willing to provide a different point of view
- Think of design from the customer's point of view, always advocating for the customer experience
- Lead team members through brainstorming & concepting exercises
- Create graphic layouts & production ready art files with a high attention to detail
- Design UI/UX for web & mobile
- Evolve & maintain company brand guidelines
- Work across disciplines with developers to ensure aesthetics are aligned with usability & web standards
- Craft & deliver presentations of design work & rationale for internal & client meetings
- Share knowledge, experience, & skills with other design team members in an effort to build overall team strength & function
- Leads reviews of work by the design team as needed; respond to input & changes to project parameters by developing alternative designs while maintaining concept continuity
- Stay abreast of design trends in user-experience design, pop-culture, creative technology, & digital marketing.
You're perfect for this role if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design (preferred) and/or 5 years of design experience within an agency or global brand that spans brand, web, UX/UI, mobile, print, packaging, & environmental design
- Body of work that showcases your ability to innovatively apply & perform design skills, including drawing/sketching, typography, ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing, & scale, visual presentation development & layout
- Have a proven track record of success in growing & driving B2B and/or large consumer brands.
- Advanced knowledge of digital, large format, & offset print process & techniques
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud & Sketch
- Working knowledge of CSS/HTML, responsive web design & CMS
You also have:
- Organized, detail oriented, & team driven
- Flexible & adaptable to constant change
- Skilled at written & oral communication
Please include portfolio showing examples of digital, brand & marketing work with a focus on brand execution.
At our Headquarters in San Francisco, you'll be surrounded by the best & brightest in the industry. Your colleagues are wicked smart & some of the kindest & nicest people around. We're never assholes. You'll be given the opportunity to do creative problem solving for issues that actually matter, & have a real impact on the projects you are driving.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, & guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride & passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong matchin the middle of the work day, & then you'll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
Tradeshifters come from various backgrounds & nations, & we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, & welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy & the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions & feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, & guts.
- Career & professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours & vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries & snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental & vision benefits
- Life, short & long-term disability insurance
- Wellness & volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings & much more!
This is a full-time role based in our downtown San Francisco office.All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.