The Tock Design team is looking for a Senior Product Designer for our Customers team! Youll join a mission-driven design team whos all-in & all about empowering restaurants, wineries, & the hospitality industry we love. Were helping them run better businesses with new, innovative, & powerful tools that fundamentally change how they operate. And were creating a search & discovery network that connects these businesses to millions of diners around the world, giving us consumers a trusted guide to find & book delicious experiences. Our design team is behind it all & eager to find another teammate wholl join us on this mission.
The Customers team supports the thousands of restaurants, wineries, & bars who use Tock to run their business & book reservations, experiences, tasting menus, takeout, & special events. These customers are booking more, selling more, & providing exceptional service because of Tocks truly unique & unparalleled tools. As a Senior Product Designer on the Customers team, youll lead design for projects that expand upon this toolkit. Youll help destination-worthy spots like Alinea, Noma, & The French Laundry to Napas & Sonomas coveted wineries to local, neighborhood favorites all thrive even in uncertain times by designing new features & exploring new ideas. Youll partner with your fellow designers, engineers, & product managers to bring it all to life.
The Senior Product Designer position will report to the Product Design Manager, & can be located in Chicago or work remote from anywhere in the USA.
Youll Get To
- Explore ideas & solutions to some of our most exciting design challenges
- Create prototypes to test & validate your ideas
- Produce intuitive, beautiful, & user-centered designs
- Work alongside your engineering teammates to support projects through launch
- Collect insights & user feedback to iterate & improve designs
- Support your design teammates by providing candid & constructive feedback on their own projects
- Contribute to our growing design system & brand identity
Who Were Looking For
- At least 5 years of experience designing & shipping products with a portfolio to demonstrate
- Experience designing for touch devices
- Excellent visual & interaction design skills
- Comfortable speaking with customers & conducting qualitative research
- Capable of analyzing quantitative data & measuring success
- Familiarity with design systems
- Strong storytelling, presentation, & communication skills
- Comfortable shaping & defining ambiguous problems to solve
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with researchers, engineers, & product stakeholders
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- 401k with employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Backup Dependent Care
- Subscription to mindfulness app, Headspace
- Charitable donation match
- Awarded Fast Company's "Most Innovative Companies" for 2021
- Awarded Built Ins 2021 Best Places to Work
- Awarded Americas Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, & more
Tock is the all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, & events. We are changing the way restaurants, wineries, & culinary event organizers run their business & how guests explore, discover, & book at these places all around the globe.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California & Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Tock, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.