As a Compliance Operations Principal, you will work closely with an elite team of highly dedicated & dynamic professionals, both lawyers & non-lawyers, who are graduates of the worlds top universities & law schools, & alums of elite private-sector & public-sector institutions. You will be an early hire in the build-out out Vias globalcomplianceinfrastructure & will play an integral part in formulating & executing Vias global compliance strategy. You will achieve those goals by generating data-driven insights, executing cross-city initiatives & developing next-generation product features. You will collaborate with top-notch global teams from the companys engineering, finance, human resources, operations & policy teams to monitor, manage & resolvecompliance-related issues. You will also:
- build out & own a set of high-level KPIs for Vias Compliance Team;
- be responsible for assessing the economic impact & cost of Vias compliance procedures & policies;
- lead the definition, design & implementation of new rider-facing & driver-facing compliance products & features, working with our R&D Team in Tel Aviv, Israel; and
- work with city teams, general managers, & senior management to develop our global operating strategy & to react to ever-changing market & regulatory conditions.
You will gain hands-on exposure to all aspects of thecomplianceand regulatory landscape at a cutting-edge technology startup in an industry that presents a broad range of complex & interesting challenges. This position reports to the Head of Litigation & RegulatoryCounsel within Vias Legal Team.
- Ensurecompliancewith applicable federal, state & local laws, & regulations & ordinances, for a wide variety of domestic & international on-demand transit deployments.
- Assist in the formulation, communication & implementation ofcompliancepolicies & procedures for a high-growth international business in a shifting regulatory space.
- Operationalize & effectuatecompliancetraining programs & risk assessments.
- Serve as a knowledgeable internalcomplianceresource with subject matter expertise in a wide range of keycompliancerisk areas.
- Stay ahead of & attuned to any changes in regulatory requirements & industry best practices in the ridesharing space.
- Proactively identifycompliancegaps & createcompliancesolutions across various areas of the business.
Who You Are:
- Team player who welcomes responsibility & thrives in an intense, fast-paced environment.
- Resourceful self-starter who enjoys wearing multiple hats & digging into challenging projects, big & small.
- Adept multi-tasker with the ability to balance & prioritize multiple time-sensitive tasks effectively & independently.
- Excellent analytical & critical thinking skills.
- Impeccable integrity & great judgment.
- Meticulous & vigilant, with a keen attention to detail.
- Interested in the changing regulatory landscape of the on-demand transportation industry.
- Excited by start-up culture, workspace, & development.
- Strong data analytics, computer or technical skills, ideally including comfort with working with large data sets & proficiency with contract management & data management software.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5 to 9 years of relevant post-college work experience or combined work experience & graduate education (such as an MBA).
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. Were building revolutionary technology thats changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation thats friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the worlds biggest cities & is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. Weve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, & were growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries & deployments in more than 50 markets, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If youre someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, & loves getting things done, wed love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages & benefits, including equity, health insurance, & relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.