iCapital Network is powering the worlds alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, & banks evaluate & recommend bespoke public & private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $70 billion in global client assets invested in close to 750 funds across more than 125,000 underlying accounts.
iCapital was named Solutions Provider of the Year at the 2020 MMI/Barrons Industry Awards & selected to the 2018, 2019 & 2020 Forbes FinTech 50, a list of the top 50 innovative financial technology companies that are transforming finance through technology.
About the Role
iCapital Network is looking for an exceptionally accomplished & talented Content Strategist to develop & execute content strategies that build iCapital's reputation as a global authority on alternative investments & the technology that enables our efficient distribution & service.
iCapital offers a full-scale, digital marketplace providing access to a wide range of quality alternative investments to assist in creating & servicing investments on behalf of high-net-worth clients. iCapital also offers white-labeled technology platforms to augment the technology stacks & service capabilities of general partners & fund distributors through customized modular technology & service solutions.
iCapital's expansion into the European, United Kingdom, & Asian marketplaces demands the skills of a seasoned content strategist to extend upon the narrative assets we have developed to fuel our North American success, including the expansion of our Alternatives Education program for financial advisors, AltsEdge, & iCapital's library of market & investment product editorial content.
The Head of Content Strategy (SVP), is a member of iCapital's Marketing Team, reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, with peers leading Brand, Creative/Operations, Channel Marketing & Market Research. They will oversee a team of 3+ focused on the promotion of thought leadership & educational content. Working with iCapital's Chief Investment Strategist & subject matter experts in research/due diligence, portfolio management, technology & investment product, the ideal candidate will help deliver compelling, insightful, & timely narratives on the capital markets, Investment trends & strategies & issues impacting the private markets & alternatives.
In addition, this person will source & create narratives on technology topics such as emerging capabilities & utilization strategies, market insights such as advisor & investor sentiment, & support the engagement & education of our audience.
They will lead the effort to engage iCapital partners in fund management & wealth management to create an industry-wide central hub of high-quality content for financial advisors.
This individual will collaborate with our Brand & Public Relations agencies to develop iCapital's paid & earned media strategies to maximize content distribution beyond iCapital's owned communications channels.
Lastly, this individual will work with the iCapital Compliance team members to ensure strict adherence to applicable global guidelines.
Target Audiences include technology, operations, & investment product executives at general partners/fund sponsors, banks, wealth management institutions, & individual wealth management practitioners/advisors across the global market.
- Own the continued development & promotion of the AltsEdge Advisor Education program.
- Develop clear & engaging content consistent with the company's brand image & addresses both business goals & client needs.
- Analyze content marketing data to identify trends & anticipate emerging areas of interest.
- Manage a budget for the paid promotion of iCapital content across appropriate media outlets & the strategy for earned placements.
- Perform content audits to assess how well existing content is performing (enhancing understanding & perception of iCapital, generating quality leads).
- Collaborate with subject matter experts in the development of content, delegate tasks to writers & editors, & provide feedback, as necessary.
- Own the iCapital global editorial calendar for development & promotion.
- Establish style guides that specify the writing style & tone needed to create engaging content.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Journalism, or related field
- 12+ years of proven content strategy & project management experience in the financial technology and/or investment management discipline & demonstrated associated subject matter expertise
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of content management systems, keyword research tools, social media platforms, search engine optimization (SEO), & search engine marketing (SEM)
- Ability to meet deadlines & work effectively under pressure
- Strong content presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational & time management skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Exceptional marketing & collaborative skills
- Effective communication skills
iCapital offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a competitive total compensation program consisting of salary, equity for all full-time employees, annual performance bonus, & an employer matched retirement plan; generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, & virtual mental health counseling; & generous paid time off (PTO) featuring unlimited sick time & parental leave.
As we plan to re-enter our offices in 2021, iCapital will offer most employees the flexibility to work remotely one to two days a week. Every department has different needs, & some positions will be designated in-office jobs, based on their function.
While we are currently working remotely due to COVID-19, this position will be based in our New York, NY office.
For additional information on iCapital Network, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc
iCapital Network is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.