Associate Director, Fulfillment Planning
Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
We are looking for an experienced, strategy-driven operations leader who has a track record of building high functioning teams, is customer obsessed, has a passion for flawless execution, data driven, hands-on, & is interested in being part of a team building a best in class food fulfillment operations.
The Associate Director of Fulfillment Planning is responsible for executing, & monitoring production scheduling & labor management across all of the fulfillment centers. Your time will be spent between managing the daily operational logistics of the fulfillment centers & driving continuous improvement. This person will have a seat at the table & be given the opportunity to make decisions that will impact the company as a whole.
Specific job duties:
- Utilize sites lead times & historical performance data to create daily production schedules. Collaborates with production & material personnel to ensure streamlined operations.
- Evaluate & determine estimated production line set-ups, cycle times, & work center hours for all sites & set a standard for labor & production planning across the network
- Perform root cause analysis of business processes & system problems & recommend solutions
- Coordinate with plant operations team & the rest of the supply chain team to evaluate any changes needed in the long-term production plan.
- Evaluates manufacturing or procurement challenges & constraints & develops solutions to overcome.
- Provide data-driven insights during production & operations planning meetings
- Track variances to plan & recommend the appropriate adjustments to the production plan as required to meet business objectives
- Schedules adequate staffing levels for a 24/7 production facilities in collaboration with local planners. Makes scheduling decisions based on the master schedule when it is necessary to call in additional staff or require overtime consistent with departmental budget.
- Set standards for labor planning across the network
- Collaborates with Production Planner to maximize labor usage
- Works closely with Production Supervisors & Plant Management to communicate scheduling changes
- Set standards for forecasting labor needs in an environment of full time & temporary associates
- Analyze procurement timing to ensure materials are inbound in time to meet production requirements
- Optimize plans for best quality output for the customer
- Maintains records concerning total positions, job bids, current vacancies, & availability of staff.
- Experience with demand planning in regards to labor & production
- Has utilized & implemempented workforce management & planning software
- Demonstrated ability to lead people & activities effectively in a production environment.
- Technical expertise in producing food products in compliance with all regulatory, GMP, & food safety requirements
- Strong / Expert level Spreadsheet data table management, Financial Modeling desirable
- Demonstrated ability to establish & improve processes
- Ability to drive projects to closure
- Willingness to travel up to 70% of the time when needed.
- Effective & persuasive leadership comfortable with all levels of staff, public & others
- Strong written & oral communication skills, including the editing, oversight or preparation of technical reports, & the presentation of information to government entities & various committees
- Strong interpersonal & public relations skills to work effectively with various officials, staff, citizens & other customers
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to understand & manage high-profile, sensitive or controversial political situations
- Ability to exercise sound & independent judgment within general policy guidelines
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelors degree, Masters preferred.
- 7+ years of business planning experience
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- S. degree in Operations Management, Food Science, or related field. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Prior experience with labor & production scheduling in a manufacturing or e-commerce setting
- APIC CSCP certification preferred.