Are you a dynamic, analytical & creative SEO Expert who wants to help grow our Connected Fitness business & make yourself better?
As a SEO Manager you are a passionate advocate of the Under Armour BRAND & it's consumers as well as detail-oriented & organized, capable of handling multiple projects at once, capable of dealing with ambiguity & rapidly-changing priorities in our fast-paced environment. In this role you map & optimize Connected Fitness Websites & Apps to maximize visibility in Organic search results in 13+ countries. You influence campaigns, copy, design & messaging to ensure SEO best practices are followed & in harmony with a growing, rapidly developing global SEO program.
You have a natural curiosity & keen ability to develop, articulate & execute a best in class SEO strategy. You are exceptionally adept at articulating highly technical SEO plans & projects to non-SEO teams, including senior executives.
We expect you to analyze performance based on SEO positioning & analytics data, including data from Google Analytics, Google Search Console, & Google Trends. You are always seeking ways to improve everything from processes to communication. You are accountable for growing Organic traffic to all Connected Fitness assets, including apps like Map My Run & websites like MyFitnessPal.com. You are results oriented & focused on automation & scaling SEO initiatives to maximize ROI & deliverable measurable growth.
About The Role
Under Armour seeks an experienced SEO Manager to drive strategy & execution for its best-in-class, highly successful Connected Fitness business specifically & Global SEO team in general. As SEO Manager you will play a critical role as a strategic leader in growing Under Armours Connected Fitness community via Organic search. The SEO Manager will help the team optimize performance & develop new SEO-driven initiatives designed to meet aggressive growth targets. You will serve as a subject matter expert on SEO to the entire Connected Fitness team, including developers, designers & content creators. The ideal candidate will have some enterprise level SEO experience, analytics expertise & project management skills. This is a tremendous opportunity to capture the energy & rapid pace of a startup, with the proven track record of an industry leader.
- Work closely with the Sr. Manager, Global SEO to develop SEO strategies & execution plans
- Conduct keyword research, competitive analysis, content optimization, meta-tag creation, link development & other SEO related activities
- Work closely with Development, Content, UX/UI & Design teams to ensure alignment with SEO strategies
- Knowledgeable about all technical aspects of SEO
- Work closely with Development, Content, UX/UI & Design teams to assure adherence to SEO Best Practices on all major website changes impacting SEO
- Review website data for keyword insights & SEO trends
- Proactively identify & offer solutions to reverse negative trends
- Develop, share & implement SEO best practices across multiple families of businesses.
- Be knowledgeable & on top of all the latest SEO industry trends
- Must have SEO Retail/E-Commerce or omni-channel experience
- Partner with the Connected Fitness & SEO teams to develop projects to address existing technical SEO issues
- Provide requirements & recommendations pertaining to redesign & platform migrations
- Serve as SEO expert for all Connected Fitness teams, including Social, PR, Design Development & Content.
- Translate business goals into accurate delivery requirements.
- Articulate & present analyses & learnings effectively to the team & to key stakeholders
- Own comprehensive daily, weekly, monthly reporting of SEO performance & build the right dashboards to track & socialize performance.
- Minimum 7 years experience with 3 years performing SEO at Strategist/Lead level or above.
- Up to date knowledge on search engine algorithm updates. Expert in optimizing for Google, Bing. Familiarity with optimizing for Naver, Yandex & Baidu a plus.
- Experience with App optimization, App store optimization & PWAs preferred
- Experience auditing & implementing Schema markup using JASON-LD
- Direct experience with implementation of rel=alternate hreflang
- Must be familiar with JIRA, comfortable writing JIRA tickets & knowledgeable about agile workflows.
- Extensive experience working with Screaming Frog, Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Majestic, Google Trends, Stat, etc.
- Solid analytical skills. Google Analytics certification required. Familiarity with Adobe Analytics a plus.
- Strong project management & organization skills, with a keen eye for detail, requiring minimal supervision
- Familiarity with RegEx required & ability to write API calls a plus.
- Result-Proficientcy in Excel (functions, pivots, etc.). Tableau experience a strong bonus.
- Creative problem-solving skills with focus on efficient execution while balancing big-picture thinking
- Proactive & independent, always looking for ways to take initiative & improve existing programs/processes.
- Must be a collaborative, cross-functional team player & comfortable partnering with a variety of teams from Engineering to Design to Content
- Must exhibit superb verbal & written communication skills in English & preferably one another language with a high degree of comfort interpreting results & communicating insights effectively Proficiency in Powerpoint
- Passion for SEO up to date on current trends, active in the SEO community
- Strong sense of ownership & entrepreneurial spirit
Attributes for Success
- Team Player. Loves being part of a team, both leading & serving; demonstrated deep commitment to colleagues; highly effective in a matrix environment
- Humble & Hungry. Confidence without arrogance; driven to continually up their game" regardless of prior successes
- Unparalleled Integrity. In good times & bad, lives the UA Way; takes ownership for mistakes; delivers tough messages directly; doesnt back-channel
- Action Oriented. "Can do" & "does do" attitude; authentically engaged with people & situations
- Accountable. Commits to stretch goals & delivers; holds self to highest performance standards
- Gets Under Armour. Passionately embraces the challenge & effort to keep UA unique; committed to go the extra mile to build/protect the brand