At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
The growth weve seen so far has been explosive, but its just one small step towards our larger mission: improve people's lives with the worlds best transportation.
Lyft is looking for someone to join the New Markets team as a Senior Analyst, to accelerate our global expansion at Lyft. In a typical day, you may extract insights from data, problem solve issues in recently launched markets, build business cases for new markets, work cross-functionally with senior leaders across the company to identify opportunities & ultimately launch new markets.
The Senior Analyst, New Markets will report to our Senior Manager, New Markets. You will be involved in both strategy & execution, & play a critical role in bringing new ideas to life. If you want to be a part of Lyfts incredible growth story, & believe deeply that Lyfts growth will change the world, we want to talk to you.
- Identify key questions, problems, & opportunities to improve Lyfts business using your sharp business acumen & judgment.
- Develop business cases & go-to-market strategies for new ideas within the New Markets team
- Build & deploy re-usable decision making tools & dashboards to streamline processes in new markets, identify operational issues & solve them
- Conduct analytical deep dives & independently develop hypotheses & solutions around Lyft passenger & driver behavior & competitive & marketplace dynamics in Lyfts newest markets
- Deliver analyses to guide decision-making & prioritization across departments, organizing & distilling data into into applicable recommendations & insights
- Present findings, recommendations, & results
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams & build processes & help Lyft scale
- Support launch of new markets
- Travel 10-20% of the time to help launch new markets
- 2+ years work experience
- Consulting, investment banking, corporate development & strategy, start-up operations & strategy, or analytics experience required
- SQL proficiency required
- Data analysis experience - able to dissect business issues, analyze large amounts of data, & draw actionable conclusions
- Strong written & verbal communication skills for internal & external stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial self-starter - you naturally take ownership, look for opportunities, & do whatever it takes to drive results
- You have a natural curiosity coupled with excellent investigative skills
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.