Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Associate, Strategic Operations to join our Virtual Care team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
Our Virtual Care team operates as a startup within a startup, continuously evolving our business & care model to offer a high-quality, unique experience for our members. This role helps to cultivate new partnerships to amplify the reach & impact of our Virtual Care programs. This role will also involve building, validating, & implementing our Virtual Care strategic roadmap across Oscars portfolio of markets & insurance products.
This role will report to our Associate Director, Strategic Operations
- Analyze & synthesize industry developments to put forward recommendations for expanding & optimizing our Virtual Care programs.
- Own the project management infrastructure for our Virtual Care business development pipeline & collaborate on sourcing, negotiating, & operationalizing relationships with digital health companies & other strategic partners.
- Design & implement frameworks to assess our Virtual Care programs & partnerships against performance targets-- systematically identifying areas for improvement, quantifying their impact, & advancing solutions.
- Support the cross-functional evaluation of operational, technical, & clinical investment opportunities to develop our long-term business plan for Virtual Care.
- A bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of professional experience in healthcare-focused consulting or financial services, ideally in a client-facing role
- Experience with data analysis in Excel/Google Sheets
- Experience managing projects across diverse internal & external stakeholders
- Experience building new programs & processes
- Experience with care delivery innovation & value-based care models
- Experience partnering with product/technical stakeholders
- Experience with SQL, Python, or a similar programming language
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.