About Def Method
We are generalist software engineers, product managers, & consultants committed to building the best software company we can, by delivering excellent results for our customers. We apply user-centered design, lean & agile software development principles to help our customers create valuable products, & are always refining our craft.
Value prop of this role
Were looking for a Product Manager to strengthen our product consulting offering.
Def Method Product Managers manage a range of products for our clients, varying from greenfield applications for startups to well-established products across various industries. They fully own the product, managing scope, deliverables & communication across the project team. You will work with clients to define their product, prioritize their roadmap, & execute on agreed-upon requirements & scope.
An estimate of how youll spend your time
- Practice - 40%
- eg: be an advocate for the product. Instill, revise, & reinforce the product vision across all stakeholders. Gather user feedback to inform product decisions & drive product prioritization. Communicate product requirements & strategy across design, engineering & client teams
- Project Management - 20%
- eg: monitor, track & evaluate client projects & reiterate on the process as needed. Communicate project status & deliverables to stakeholders.
- Tactical - 30%
- eg: facilitate product discovery & development on client projects, act as PM advisor to our customers & consultants, lead workshops, provide additional project support as needed
- Operations - 10%
- eg: represent product management in sales conversations & scoping work
What youll bring
- 7+ years of relevant product work & leadership experience
- Your bias for user-centered, collaborative, lightweight process & tight feedback loops
- Your professional desire for continuous learning, a breadth of experiences, & a hunger to learn & discover new ideas, products, & processes.
- Your experience working with agile development methodology.
- Your approach to
- identifying a product opportunity
- turning this opportunity into working software
- understanding if youre on the right track
- evolving your perspective of the above
- Your ability to
- lead the room while applying active listening
- quickly ramp up your understanding of a new industry & problem space
- gracefully manage customers & executive stakeholders
- give honest, unflinching, & respectful analysis to our customers, employees, & the leadership team
Why we love working here
- We are committed to growing together by building excellent software for customers & expanding the range of experiences & perspectives that shape our work
- Investment in learning: one month of professional development time for courses/conference/study per year, with a generous budget
- Great pay & benefits comprehensive health, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid parental leave, even life insurance!
- Generous vacation time & minimal travel (if at all)
- Flexible work from home policy in normal times; we are currently remote through the end of 2020