BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, & employees thrive personally & inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, & passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, & technologists. Were already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like LinkedIn, Genentech, & Logitech.
BetterUp serves its global community of professional coaches by providing innovative & enduring evidence-based coaching tools & practices in order to improve their coaching skills. The mission of the Coach Innovation Team is to create best-in-class, tech-enabled coaching tools & training programs that empower coaches to unlock transformational growth in coachees. Part of that mission entails building robust coach training & certification courses, & we are currently seeking an innovative subject matter expert who is highly trained in coaching & behavioral science to help us in those efforts.
As a Coach Innovation Content Specialist, you will support our team by:
- Planning, creating & delivering training content, including but not limited to: slide decks, videos, reading summaries, tip sheets, coaching process guides, infographics, & videos.
- Distilling coaching principles & behavioral science into applicable modules for coaches.
- Applying adult learning principles to optimize coach learning, retention, & application of the appropriate principles & skills.
- Serving as an expert advisor, consultant & collaborator across the company in order to provide coach & learning expertise (for example, consulting related to coach- & member-facing coaching tools).
- When necessary, help manage the backend administration of the certification courses, including but not limited to administration of contractors, supporting the day-to-day funnel of coaches in training, system configurations, & ensuring learning content is well organized within our learning management system.
- Generating ideas for improving the coach training experience & improving coach quality through coach certification training
Skills & Experience
- Experience as BetterUp Coach or leadership coach highly desirable
- Advanced degree in the behavioral sciences (e.g., PhD, MAPP, PsyD, etc.)
- Work experience (or academic training) in teaching, education, adult learning principles, or Learning & Development
- Comfort with & ability to consume, evaluate, distill, & clearly convey evidence-based principles & theories.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to convey complex topics to a variety of stakeholders in a concise manner that maximizes understanding & retention.
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities & proven track record of completing projects within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong skills in organizing & project managing
- Demonstrated willingness to consider others ideas & to create or innovate beyond the current standards.
- Strong skills in central office platforms (either Google Drive Docs, Slides, Sheets, or MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
At BetterUp youll have the opportunity to work side by side with talented, motivated, & intellectually stimulating colleagues who thrive on helping organizations solve their most pressing behavioral business challenges.
Full-time role, no location required, though we prefer candidates who are located near a BetterUp hub (Phoenix, DC, SF, Minneapolis, NYC)