Away is seeking a Senior Manager of Warehousing & Fulfillment to join our Global Operations team. We are a global lifestyle brand that is on a mission to create thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. In support of our mission, the ideal candidate will have deep experience in physical product warehousing & fulfillment. Your experience will include optimizing a distribution network to meet customers needs - including retail & e-commerce. You have a track record of assuring the right balance of time, cost, service, & - most importantly - quality. Your experience will encompass domestic & international warehousing & fulfillment, & must include evaluating & setting up new & expanding distribution networks. You will work closely with internal & external operations & supply chain teams. You will report to the Director of Global Logistics & this position will be based in our New York City headquarters.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Ensure Away has the optimal mix of distribution points & fulfillment options to service e-commerce, our retail operations, & other partnerships. This will include our global third-party logistics network.
- Measure & continuously improve the performance of our warehousing & fulfillment network.
- Proactively strategize on optimal warehousing & distribution options, bringing solutions to life that enable Away to exceed the expectations of current & new customers worldwide.
- You will ensure the products are received by our warehouse network in the most accurate & efficient possible way, & that the inventory matches every step of the way.
- Ensure the fulfillment of orders is at the highest possible service level, at the fastest possible speed. You do all of this on-brand, from start to finish.
- Partner closely with cross functional partners, including production, transportation, personalization, & retail to always have the right products in the right place.
- Lead RFP processes, conduct analysis, & recommend solutions for warehousing & fulfillment.
- Play an active leadership role in implementation of any updates to our fulfillment network, ensuring seamless & value-add integration.
- Continuously improve the speed, reliability, sustainability, & cost of our warehousing & fulfillment network.
- Attract, retain, & develop people on the team.
Who You Are:
- An expert in warehousing & fulfillment with 5-15 years of relevant experience.
- A thoughtful people leader with at least 3 years leading teams.
- Metrics-oriented, knowing what to measure & how. You draw insights from data to understand where performance is strong & where there are opportunities to improve.
- You set the bar high; you set time bound & action-oriented goals that are a stretch, yet achievable, for yourself, your team, & our vendor network.
- You follow through on your commitments.
- Calm under pressure.
- You have a broad network of contacts & are well educated in top class vendors.
- Comfortable in a variety of global & cultural settings.
- You seek & embrace diversity.
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment.
- Passionate about travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!