Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate, high performing team players who can take new challenges & go the extra mile.
The Finance team oversees the company's financial well-being while supporting operational & business planning in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. We work hard to ensure growth is accurately projected & managed & that our financial results are properly accounted for. We provide financial analysis to determine key operational decisions within a rapidly growing organization. We only hire the best to these teams, & your work will have a huge impact on the future success of this rapidly growing company.
This position requires a finance professional capable of managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing & fluid organization. You must be highly analytical, organized & skilled at communication & problem solving. The successful candidate will adapt quickly to change & will champion the advancement of FP&A processes tools & financial modeling that will enhance the FP&A & overall finance function.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Own the company revenue forecast
- Work cross functionally to understand the financial impact of new business initiatives
- Drive improvements in KPI reporting & tracking
- Develop business cases & analysis to inform & support business & financial decision
- Assist in coordinating the annual budget & quarterly forecasts working with stakeholders across the business
- Work to drive operational efficiency across the organization
What Well Expect From You:
- Strong analytical, financial modeling, & problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly grasp & apply analytical concepts
- Experience in investment banking, venture-backed high-growth company or a fast-paced Fortune 500 environment.
- Experience in financial forecasting, planning & analysis & operational budget management, preferably in a business partner facing role.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently work within fixed timeframes & meet deadlines
- Proactive communicator with excellent verbal & written skills
- Maintain the highest standards of accuracy & precision; detail-oriented, highly-organized & resourceful
- Exceptional work ethic, team mentality, positive attitude, highly-driven, self-motivated, & excellent business partnering skills
- Passion for technology & genuine desire to make meaningful contributions on a team with big aspirations
- Bachelors degree required
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!