ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm is looking to hire a Finance & Strategy Analyst to help scale the Finance function & support the needs of a growing company. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Finance, youll work closely with theSkimms Accounting team & various department heads across the company. You will own key elements of the Finance function & work on initiatives that will help continue to drive our business forward.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
- Own the companys financial model
- Prepare monthly reporting & materials for key executives
- Assist with budgeting & forecasting process & provide regular updates
- Prepare materials for the Board of Directors & quarterly reporting for theSkimms investors
- Partner with our Accounting team to produce monthly budget vs actual reporting & analysis for department heads
- Lead ad-hoc analyses by working with our cross-functional Paid Acquisitions, Data Science & Sales teams to drive strategic decisions across the company
- Team up with Accounting to define & implement best practices for financial management & reporting across the company
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- BS/BA in finance, business, accounting or relevant field
- 2-5 years of experience in investment banking, management consulting or private equity
- Strong grasp of financial fundamentals & a mastery of Excel & Powerpoint
- Self-starter with an eagerness to learn new skills (QuickBooks, Looker) that will allow you to engage with adjacent business functions (customer acquisition, Sales operations, Data Science, People / Recruiting & Strategic Partnerships)
- Track record of thriving in a fast-paced environment; Start-up experience in a rapidly growing financial organization is a plus
- Solutions-oriented team player with ability to develop strong relationships & communicate effectively
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Catered Friday lunches & monthly gatherings
- A vibrant office environment full of books, couches & a roof deck
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.