SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
BROADBAND COMMUNICATIONS INTEGRATION ENGINEER
As a member of the integration/test team, this position will play a critical role for integrating, testing & evaluating the functional performance, reliability & robustness of a complex satellite communication network. You will integrate the communication system components on satellite & ground station. You will explore, assess, track, & report performance status to project leaders. You will implement tools to conduct, track & improve testing processes & effectiveness. You will ensure that satellites & ground network provide the best possible communications system performance while also ensuring compliance with our operating licenses.
- Integrate communications & networking component systems
- Develop intermediate & prototype technologies to accelerate integration & development
- Create test plans, templates & strategies for block & system level tests, to test integrated broadband communications solutions for both function & performance
- Write scripts using common scripting languages
- Develop, maintain & extend test automation infrastructure
- Maintain & continuously improve test collateral & processes, continuous integration
- Execute functional testing, system testing, regression & performance testing, in the laboratory & in the field
- Configure test equipment for operation (e.g. satellite link emulator, network emulator)
- Interpret test automation results & track new & existing test failures
- Work with component design teams to remedy test failures & improve performance
- Prepare reports documenting test results, test coverage & other KPI metrics, & communicate issues effectively with developers & managers
- Keep abreast of latest advances in test & automation practices
- Bachelors degree in computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering
- 1+ years of hands-on test & integration experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters degree in an engineering discipline
- Demonstrated proficiency in C/C++ & Python
- Knowledge of satellite & wireless communication theory
- 3+ years of experience integrating and/or testing cellular 3G/4G/5G, WiFi, or similar protocol stacks
- 3+ years of experience with Linux & Linux tools for automation
- Proficiency in networking & RF
- Familiarity with basic analog & digital components
- Familiar with lab test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, vector signal analyzers, vector signal generator, satellite link emulator/channel emulator, network analyzers, packet load modules, & network emulators
- Demonstrable experience in script development for test automation
- Deep understanding in communication & signal processing theory
- Demonstrable experience in creating test plans & setting up test beds
- Experience with Atlassian tool suite - JIRA, Stash, Bamboo
- Familiar with version control tool Git/Gerrit, SVN
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with design/verification of complex ASICs/FPGAs
- Willing to work extended hours & weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence & qualifications & will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceXs Affirmative Action Plan for veterans & individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.