Human Resources Admin
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Team:
The People team at RTR is responsible for just that, our people. Were partners to the business & work to empower every team within our business to scale through the acquisition & development of our employees.
About the Job:
As a Human Resources Admin, you will provide vital support for the human resources function. You will become quickly immersed into the company culture, understanding our opportunities for development & areas of impact & be empowered to share ideas & take action immediately. Your responsibilities will include general administrative tasks for new & existing employees as well as cultural initiatives, employee experience tactics & more. In this role, you will report to the HR Director & be part of a fast-paced, dynamic HR team that is highly driven & enthusiastic about supporting the business.
What Youll Do:
- Respond to all inbound emails from both employees & external sources with comprehensive & clear communication in an effective & timely manner
- Lend overall support to the HR & recruiting teams
- Work closely with payroll & finance in order to set up employees properly for payroll
- Maintain digital employee records
- Facilitate on-boarding including welcome emails, first day orientation, planning & coordinating initiation activities, & overall ensuring a smooth transition into the company.
- Process unemployment requests, termination documentation, disability claims, etc.
- Complete other administrative tasks as directed
- Must be bilingual in Spanish & English
- Strong communicator, must be empathetic & articulate in all communication
- Self-starter, doer personality who will take initiative from day 1
- Team player who is willing to do anything to support the team & business
- Extremely organized & strong, astute attention to detail
- Experience with Google Workspace & Workday a plus
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.