As a Global Marketplace Algorithms Principal youll lead the efforts of adaptation & improvement of Vias algorithms. You will work with a top-notch, global multidisciplinary group of analysts, data scientists, engineers, as well as our finance & operations teams to help Via achieve its business goals across all our consumer markets.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Identify & quantify opportunities to improve Vias business performance by algorithmic solutions in areas like supply allocation, detours & aggregation.
- Understand trends & changes in supply & demand distribution, driver & rider behavior preferences & implications on Vias algorithms
- Develop strategy around Via system parameters to help promote growth & unit economics objectives across all Via consumer cities
- Lead new products & features definition & design with our team in Tel-Aviv, both consumer facing & internal algorithms
- Define city operating strategies with General Managers & the rest of the Global Marketplace team
- 3-5 years in consulting, product management, product analytics or economics research
- Experience working with data scientists & developer
- Proactive approach, very high level of independence & ability to work across multiple teams, geographies, & stakeholders
- A skilled professional communicator - you engage easily with people of all backgrounds & can explain complex concepts
- Bachelors Degree from a top-tier university, background in economics, computer science, math, physics or related disciplines
- Quantitative background in economics, computer science, math, physics or related disciplines
- Extra points for skills in:
- Tableau, R, any other statistical analysis packages
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. Were building revolutionary technology thats changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation thats friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the worlds biggest cities & is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. Weve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, & were growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries & deployments in more than 50 markets, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If youre someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, & loves getting things done, wed love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages & benefits, including equity, health insurance, & relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.